ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eea2raheem

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by eea2raheem » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Ciaocico wrote:ples any one can help My brother EU has a 5-year WORKIN resident, but the2011 first year spent 95 days outside the UK as possible to apply for permanent residence PR ?
MNY THANKS
He will be fine as per the rules you should not live outside the UK more than six months in a single year.

All the best.
Abdul Raheem

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 am

eea2raheem wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:ples any one can help My brother EU has a 5-year WORKIN resident, but the2011 first year spent 95 days outside the UK as possible to apply for permanent residence PR ?
MNY THANKS
He will be fine as per the rules you should not live outside the UK more than six months in a single year.

All the best.
Abdul Raheem
many thanks abdul for rplay
EU IS 6/8 WEEK TAIME ?

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:38 am

Cleberuk wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:
Cleberuk wrote:My time line for EEA(PR) Application as non EU Family Member.

Application sent : 29/09/15
Received : 30/09/15
Payment taken : Postal order sent with application
Biometric : 12/10/15
COA : 03/11/15 (with right to work)
REFUSAL ON 30/03/2016 :cry:

Home Office argued that the EU CITIZEN(my partner) has not exercised treaty rights. My partner was studying in 2012 for period of 8 months while He was also looking for work, Home Office alleged that my partner supposed to have heath insurance for that period.

They also kept my old passport(expired) with the expired visa and only sent back the documents plus the EU passport and my non EU passport renewed.

Does anyone know if it normal to keep the expired passport with the visa

Regards and good look you all.
Ps: Now I'm going to apply for Residence Card EEA(FM)
Are only 8 months? Also this time aply Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) ?
sorry just fro help many thanks
He was actually working for all the period of 5 years, but on JSA and studying in 2012 for 8 months.
Hi cleberuk im very sad to hear rhe bad news but did you provide a proof that he was on jsa on those time? Because from if you docthey should not refused the application because being on jsa means he is looking for a job.

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi

Do i need to send duplicate/photo copy of all my documents and PR form to Home office? or Just a single original copy of all documents including PR form.

Thanks,
Abdul

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
marzena273 wrote:Hi everyone,
I know I have to submit the photocopies of all supporting documents. However, could I just include some note for HO that I don't submit the photocopies of statements as they can keep the original statements from the last 5 years? I know they might have some rules but I will through it away anyway...
Hi marzena273, as far as I know HO do not keep originals. It clearly says on the form that you have to send the copies of the original documents. HO would keep the copies and once they have verify the original documents you post them then they would send back your documents to you...If I were you I would not risk it...
Hi

Do i need to send duplicate/photo copy of all my documents and PR form to Home office? or Just a single original copy of all documents including PR form.

Thanks,
Abdul

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:26 pm

eea2raheem wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
marzena273 wrote:Hi everyone,
I know I have to submit the photocopies of all supporting documents. However, could I just include some note for HO that I don't submit the photocopies of statements as they can keep the original statements from the last 5 years? I know they might have some rules but I will through it away anyway...
Hi marzena273, as far as I know HO do not keep originals. It clearly says on the form that you have to send the copies of the original documents. HO would keep the copies and once they have verify the original documents you post them then they would send back your documents to you...If I were you I would not risk it...
Hi

Thanks,
Abdul

Hi Abdul

Just original copies of all documents including PR form.
I'd suggest making photocopies for your own records of what you've sent.
Goodluck

maddie18
Newly Registered

Post by maddie18 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 am

Raysegg wrote:
maddie18 wrote:Hi All,

Quick question: how long after the payment has been taken out should we expect the email/letter of confirmation?

My timeline:
Sent: 09/03
Received: 10/03
Payment taken: 14/03

I'm a bit worried that I have not heard anything yet and I've seen some people on this forum which got invite for biometric info within a month of applying..

Thanks in advance!
Hello Maddie18,
I bet you're not alone. We're on the same league.
My Timelines are as follows:
Application sent: 04/03/16
HO received: 07/03/16
Fees charged: 10/03/16
As of now(01/04/16) Nothing is been heard from them.
Job at risk as visa expiry on the 13th of April 2016.
Not getting funny....?
Wish us all luck.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, fingers crossed it gets resolved soon!

Please do let me know if you get a letter/email from them.. I'm starting to get a bit worried now :shock:

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:56 am

l[/quote]

Hi Abdul

Just original copies of all documents including PR form.
I'd suggest making photocopies for your own records of what you've sent.
Goodluck[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your confirmation.

mauls26
Newly Registered

Post by mauls26 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:12 am

rjpantherwalks wrote:
mauls26 wrote:
eea2raheem wrote:How long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
EEA national time: ??
Non-EEA national time: ??
Hi eea2raheem,

I applied for EEA PR in the same form as my wife and the time line is different.
EEA national will have their time line
Non - EEA national will have theirs

Application sent: 22/02/16
Received: 23/02/16
Money taken: 25/02/16
Email received: 11/03/16 (EEA national)
Biometrics received: 14/03/16 dated 10/03/16
Biometrics submitted: 15/03/16
COA received: 23/03/2016 dated 20/03/2016
Awaiting further correspondence

But looks like I ll wait 5-6 months where as my wife should get it in the coming month.
The reason i say that is because that is exactly what happened while applying for EEA2 five years ago.

It's not always the same though, for EEA2 I applied mid Aug 2012 and I received it 2nd week of October 2012. I guess it depends on your documents and the case worker.

I even know someone who I expected that will be visited and or will take longer to receive an EEA2 when they applied on 2014 but ... surprisingly received it so fast maybe having a solicitor have some bearing because they used one and yeah depends on the case worker. I even thought that person will have some problem because he got married with his EU national wife end of July and applied for EEA2 second week of August and plus they just started living together June. So it was a bit weird I thought the caseworker would be suspicious.

Anyway I guess it is stricter with PR and especially what is going on right now.
Hi guys,

I am getting bit worried that although my wife has had a job all this while there was a gap of 3-4 months where she was looking for work. I had private medical insurance through work but i did not put that in the case as i thought it will not be required.

What do you think will happen?

Also some pay slips were missing as well. Any sugestions? should i withdraw my current application and go through a lawyer and have all the documents ready for them ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Mauls

Annaviv
Newly Registered

Post by Annaviv » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm

From other posts, it looks like many apps for non-EEA family members are stuck in the 'initial' stages of the process with no response from the Home Office. Our timeline:

Application sent: 14/03/16
HO received: 15/03/16
Fees charged: 18/03/16

After that nothing. Some people previously have said that they have received an acknowledgment from the HO that their app has been received. Has anyone had that recently? Haven't had the biometrics letter either...

Is this a general feeling, that the process is just running slow at the moment?

Thanks,

Anna

phipe
Newly Registered

Post by phipe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 am

EEA National:

Received: 15/03/16

No confirmation email or anything since. So I agree that something might have happened and applications are not being processed promptly at the moment. Three weeks with no email is weird especially for EEA.

maddie18
Newly Registered

Post by maddie18 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 am

phipe wrote:EEA National:

No confirmation email or anything since. So I agree that something might have happened and applications are not being processed promptly at the moment. Three weeks with no email is weird especially for EEA.
I agree, something must be going on. I have almost the same timeline, also EEA and still no word.

Wonder if they got a mountain of applications post Brexit referendum announcement!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 am

There is no doubt a huge influx of applications in light of the impending referendum. I applied back in December and I got a confirmation email 3 weeks after the payment was taken.

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 am

maddie18 wrote:
phipe wrote:EEA National:

I agree, something must be going on. I have almost the same timeline, also EEA and still no word.

Wonder if they got a mountain of applications post Brexit referendum announcement!
I have received my confirmation email around 3 weeks after I sent the application.
They are getting busier because of Brexit and because you must have the DCPR before you can apply for British Nationality.
In my signature you can find my timeline.
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:34 pm

EEA national

My timeline

Qualifying period: Sep 2010 - Sep 2015
Received: 08/03/2016
Payment taken: 11/03/2016
Confirmation emai: 29/03/2016 (so exactly 3 weeks after they received my application - this includes the Easter holidays btw)
DCPR: ?

I'm expecting a refusal due to the fact that I sent copies of some bank statements (instead of official bank statements), which is against their rules :( So I'm preparing for an appeal atm. Just in case.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Lets hope they are not so picky for just a few copies of some bank statements.
I sent a copy of my working card as well since I did not have the original.
My timeline is as follows:
Application Posted: 29/03/2016
Received: 30/03/2016
Payment taken: 05/04/16
So far, no emails or anything else.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:08 pm

I got my bank to send me print outs of statements, but none of them were stamped so for all HO know I could have printed them at home. They still accepted them with no issue.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 pm

ohara wrote:I got my bank to send me print outs of statements, but none of them were stamped so for all HO know I could have printed them at home. They still accepted them with no issue.
Quick questions: form your timeline, you didn't wait 1 year after receiving the PR in order to apply for citizenship. Can you confirm that if I have been living for 6 years I can submit the AN application as soon as the PR comes ( of course after taking the english and life in the uk test) and I don't need to wait 1 year form the issues date of the PR?
Many thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:36 pm

I acquired PR status in June 2012, applied for the PR card in December 2015, received it in February 2016 and applied for naturalisation in March 2016.

I had to send evidence that I was still resident between June 2012 and now, which I used P60's for.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Good news for me! Thank you very much for your reply. I will wait for my PR card and then I will apply in September 2016. Of course, I will try to provide as many evidence as necessary.
Regarding the PR, Did they inform you before via mail regarding the decision? and Did they return to you the original documents you sent along with the PR card in the same envelope or they sent them separately? I am asking because I only enclosed a large Royal Mail self address envelope.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:54 pm

The only contact I had from UKVI was a confirmation email saying they had received my application, which came exactly 3 weeks after the payment was taken.

Everything arrived back in the same envelope delivered in 2nd class standard post, although I had requested my passport back separately earlier for other reasons and that had arrived by 1st class recorded post.

Be aware that nowhere on the PR card or accompanying letter does it state the actual date of your PR. Unless you are absolutely certain (for example if you have a straightforward case) of your PR date, it might be a good idea to confirm before sending your naturalisation application. There are two ways you can do this:

1) Use NCS to send your application. They can check on the phone during the appointment, and at most you risk losing the NCS fee if something has messed up somewhere.

2) Submit a subject access request (SAR) to UKVI. They will send you any data they hold on you, which will include a page stating the date of your PR which looks like so:

The downside to number 2 is that it can take up to 40 working days for UKVI to respond to your SAR. However, they do have a pilot project at the moment where they are fast tracking some SARs and responding within a week. Mine didn't make it onto this, and I had to wait 5 weeks, probably because I asked them for ALL of the data they hold on me. One other member of this forum though, specifically asked ONLY for the date of his PR, and his got fast tracked and received the reply in a week, as well as a refund of his £10.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm

I highly appreciate your advice! Thank you so much for all the explanations!

Yes, I will check and I was thinking to use NCS because this way I can keep my passport and original documents (I don't need to worry about my documents being lost or in need of them)

I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland and unfortunately there are no NCS here so, I will have to book flight and go to Edinburgh, Manchester, London etc. As you suggested I will make a SAR request and once they come back with the date I will be able to carry on with the appoint with NCS. This will assure me at least I got the right date when I acquired permanent residence.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:56 pm

A lot of the councils around the south east are piloting an NCS which allows you to apply for your first British passport alongside citizenship. This negates the need for a passport interview and your passport will be delivered to you after you have attended the ceremony.

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Eeapr
My timeline is as follows:
Application Posted: 01/04/2016
Received: 04/04/2016
Payment taken: still waiting

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:47 pm

ohara wrote:I got my bank to send me print outs of statements, but none of them were stamped so for all HO know I could have printed them at home. They still accepted them with no issue.
Thanks ohara, hopefully they'll do the same in my case! However I'm preparing for an appeal just in case. I ordered original bank statements and I'm going to prepare extra documentation in case they don't like other things.

I'm not sure about appeal timelines though. Are they significantly shorter for (single) EEA applicants? Because if I have to wait 8-12 months for the appeal, I might just reapply instead!