ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is new version of Form AN available?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avimanyu_sengupta

When is new version of Form AN available?

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

Hi Experts & Gurus,

Does anyone know if Home Office is going to update the version of the Form AN in the recent future? Over the last 2 years, they have updated it after the fee increase from April onwards. I will be applying for myself and my wife in May and hence would like to use the latest form available.

The last time Home Office updated was on 12th Jan, 2016. Any info is appreciated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Thanks,
Avi

Krish19
Mood:
India

Re: When is new version of Form AN available?

Post by Krish19 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 am

They don't need to necessarily update forms when ever they change price. Because payment form is separate, They may not change unless there is some thing new to add or unless they have to remove or amend existing something.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:31 am

It's anyone's guess really. The November 2015 version was mainly for the PR card / DCPR requirement for EEA route applicants and language test changes. The January 2016 version was for the BRP changes.

In case you were not aware, the fee increase this year has already happened. Naturalisation application is now £1236. The AN form has not changed.

There is normally a period of a week or so after a form update where they will still accept the previous form.

In most cases, the referees section does not change between form versions so it's not a problem using that with a new form if it will be difficult for you to get referees to sign again.

It doesn't really take long to fill the application in. I had a completed November 2015 application but didn't end up applying until last month. It took all of about 5 minutes to fill in a new form and I used the already completed referees section from the old form.

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes I am aware of the fee increase as they released the new fees booklet. I have also filled in the Jan version for me and my wife but have not got the signatures yet from referees, but would probably wait till mid april just in case they update the form.

Avi