ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two queries: regardingf age and medium of instruction

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heavymetal
Newly Registered

Two queries: regardingf age and medium of instruction

Post by heavymetal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi,

Two queries:

1. I have 75 points from qualification and past earnings, but I am over 32 years of age. What are my chances of getting HSMP approval?

2. I have got the certificate from my university stating that the medium of Instruction was in English for my Bachelor of Engineering degree studies. I have not yet given IELTS. Without IELTS, what are my chances?

Please advise.

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi,

1. I think if as per the HO calculation also you will get 75 points, then you will get approval.
2. I think letter from University stating that the medium of instruction of your Bachelor's Degree is English is enough, no need for IELTS as of now. I think it will be mandatory from March-2008. I got approval in first week of November-2007, and I provided only the letter from my university and had not got any IELTS score.

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:29 pm

Hey,
for ur Query 1:
Yes tis is rite that HO wants new blood to come to UK so that they can work for longer periods..but as long as u qualify for 75 pts,,,this does not matters at allllllllllll

for Query 2:
no need to do IELTS but ur letter frm uni should cover all the matter as per instructed on this forum...cuz tis letter has to compete with IELTS..

Love to all

heavymetal
Newly Registered

Post by heavymetal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Thanks very much for the reply

rely

Re: Two queries: regardingf age and medium of instruction

Post by rely » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:36 pm

You had already assessed yourself and got 75 points so you need not worry.
If your degree is from english speaking University/institution then get a letter from the authorities stating that medium of instruction during this course was english OR write IELTS exam and get average score of 6.
rely

quote="heavymetal"]Hi,

Two queries:

1. I have 75 points from qualification and past earnings, but I am over 32 years of age. What are my chances of getting HSMP approval?

2. I have got the certificate from my university stating that the medium of Instruction was in English for my Bachelor of Engineering degree studies. I have not yet given IELTS. Without IELTS, what are my chances?

Please advise.[/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D