ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Ceremony

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:42 am

Hi guys,

My naturalisation was approved last week and I booked a ceremony with my local council for April 6 and received a letter on Friday confirming a different date to that of which I booked with the council representative. I spoke to the council on the phone and she got my number and didn't even receive any respond since then. The lady also confirmed that, I was booked for April 6 and I wanted to find out if any members has had this experience from the council before.

I'm still thinking of attending the ceremony by taking the letter received with me and explained to them because I really want to do my ceremony on that date.

Can any one help me out??
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Ceremony

Post by Macro_Run » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:10 am

I never got this kind of experience. I think, after taking your request over the phone, they checked in their system and it may not be available on the date, so they sent you a letter with next available date.

Try to catch up them today and confirm it.

I had some experience like when I booked my ceremony there was no problem on the date, but it took three days to receive a ceremony invitation letter after calling four times.

All the very best.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:31 am

Just spoke to them. It was a stupid mistake from their ends and they wanted me to book for private which cost 100pounds. I want to find out if I can travel with my foreign passport before ceremony? I know about the rules which states you should return the BRP after 5 working days. I'm travelling on May 7 and I want to cancelled the ceremony and do it when I come back to the country cause I can't cancel my ticket since its been booked for a long time now.

Any advice will be very helpful.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

Travelling with your current passport and BRP now is not a problem. You are not British until the day of the ceremony which you attend.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 am

As you aren't granted BC until you attend you ceremony, you can travel freely on your foreign passport/BRP until then. You must however attend the ceremony within 90 days of the approval letter.

Edit: Pipped @ the post by ohara :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks a lot guys, I will cancel the ceremony.