ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp-income points-nature of job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fali
Newly Registered

hsmp-income points-nature of job

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:02 am

hi.
i am planning to apply for hmsp through my MSc degree in IT. My income from IT work is not sufficient to make up all the points i need for hsmp.
Will the income from non- IT jobs be allowed to make up for the total points. are the non-graduate jobs allowed as well.
Basically, is there any criteria about nature of job for the income declared or it can be independent from the field in which hsmp is being claimed.

regards

fas

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:03 am

its total income earned via employment

fali
Newly Registered

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:07 am

thanks but does it mean that the nature of employment does not matter. should my employment be within the field of IT or outside it. e.g like working for tesco etc

fali
Newly Registered

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:17 am

to explain it a bit further My Ms degree from uk will give me 40 points.
i need 35 points for income which comes to about £32,000

I dont have all the income form IT work. will they accept income from non-IT work like working in tesco, driving job etc. as long as i have 32,000 in 12 month period.

looking forward for any replies

regards

rely

Post by rely » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Tax paid gross salary with documentary evidence.This is the requirement.Jobs can be different.What matters is previous earnings.
Anyhting not reflected on wage slips wont be accepted.
rely

fali wrote:to explain it a bit further My Ms degree from uk will give me 40 points.
i need 35 points for income which comes to about £32,000

I dont have all the income form IT work. will they accept income from non-IT work like working in tesco, driving job etc. as long as i have 32,000 in 12 month period.

looking forward for any replies

regards

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Dear Fali,
i m not discouraging u but my frnd u r applying for HIGHLY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS and how can u expect that by showing that u wrk for TESCO on chkouts or in any other deptt will help u convincing HO that u r a HIGHLY SKILLED PERSON...
as u said that u hav MSc frm UK, y dont u go for IGS..then search a job and then apply for HSMP afterwards...

fali
Newly Registered

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:05 pm

asim_khan wrote:Dear Fali,
i m not discouraging u but my frnd u r applying for HIGHLY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS and how can u expect that by showing that u wrk for TESCO on chkouts or in any other deptt will help u convincing HO that u r a HIGHLY SKILLED PERSON...
as u said that u hav MSc frm UK, y dont u go for IGS..then search a job and then apply for HSMP afterwards...
U r correct but i have not found any instructions on home office or any other website that mentions about nature of job for past earnings. My MSc degree is finishing in jan 08 after which i can go for 1 year IGS. with in this year i need to make 32,000 to qualify for hsmp. i might get a job for between 15000 to 25,000 which is starting package in IT . i am planning to make up the rest by doing any job i can find on weekends etc. Will they accept this type of combination???

regards

fas

fali
Newly Registered

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:23 pm

rely wrote:Tax paid gross salary with documentary evidence.This is the requirement.Jobs can be different.What matters is previous earnings.
rely
i understand that there should be proof of earning which i will present. but if i have some earnings doing odd jobs like driving , tesco etc to make up the total amount. can they object to it?? i am still not sure.
regards

rely

Post by rely » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:34 pm

NO, they will not object.If all these sundry jobs are well documented and presented as per the guidelines then you will sail through.
rely

Yes
fali wrote:
rely wrote:Tax paid gross salary with documentary evidence.This is the requirement.Jobs can be different.What matters is previous earnings.
rely
i understand that there should be proof of earning which i will present. but if i have some earnings doing odd jobs like driving , tesco etc to make up the total amount. can they object to it?? i am still not sure.
regards

fali
Newly Registered

Post by fali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:55 pm

rely wrote:NO, they will not object.If all these sundry jobs are well documented and presented as per the guidelines then you will sail through.
rely

i hope it works out
thanks all