ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW TO UK - HELP IN APPLYING RESIDENCE CARD

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarahassan031
Newly Registered

NEW TO UK - HELP IN APPLYING RESIDENCE CARD

Post by sarahassan031 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:43 am

HELLO ALL,

Ok so here is my situation. I am a Pakistani national. Moved to uk from Germany this February. My husband is a German national. I am here on the EEA family permit visa and that will expire this August. As per this type of visa I don't need to reapply if i stay in uk. But i wlll have to apply if i travel outside. Not reapplying is out of question as i have family in Germany and I need to frequently travel there and to Pakistan since my parents n in laws r there. So i have two choices

1. To go Germany n again apply for visa
2. To apply for residence card while in uk.

I prefer applying for the residence card so that i m free to move for 5 years but what I know is that it takes minimum 6 months that too if you are lucky other wise it usually takes more than 6 months. The issue is that I can't apply for residence card before June as i need to go to Germany to my family end of April n will b there for a month. Also I must travel Pakistan in December for my cousin wedding. So if I apply for the residence card in june i am not sure i will get it by November. Since embassy will have my passport all these six months I won't b able to go to Pakistan. What should i do?? Can I attachh a letter with my residence card application telling them that I want to travel Pakistan in December so kindly return my passport before that??? Is it possible??

Or should i go for safer bet n simply go to Germany n reapply my visa which will take only 6 weeks

Please guide

THANKS IN ADVANCE

noajthan

Re: NEW TO UK - HELP IN APPLYING RESIDENCE CARD

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:57 pm

sarahassan031 wrote:HELLO ALL,

What should i do?? Can I attachh a letter with my residence card application telling them that I want to travel Pakistan in December so kindly return my passport before that??? Is it possible??

Or should i go for safer bet n simply go to Germany n reapply my visa which will take only 6 weeks

Please guide

THANKS IN ADVANCE
You can ask for your passport back once you have filed the RC application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samfam
United Kingdom

Post by samfam » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 pm

noajthan wrote:
sarahassan031 wrote:HELLO ALL,

What should i do?? Can I attachh a letter with my residence card application telling them that I want to travel Pakistan in December so kindly return my passport before that??? Is it possible??

Please guide

THANKS IN ADVANCE
You can ask for your passport back once you have filed the RC application.
you can definetely ask your passport back .

But @noajathan If she is outside UK and her Family permit expires then she needs to apply for family permit again to enter in UK.And for that she needs to have her all original documents submitted with the application( which are already held with home office for EEA FM)
Application sent : 8th Feb 2016 (Postal order)
Biometric received : 26th Feb 2016
Bimoetric sent : 26th Feb 2016
COA received : 1st March 2016 (with right of work)
Decision made : 8th Aug 2016
Residence card : 12th Aug 2016

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:15 pm

samfam wrote:you can definetely ask your passport back .

But @noajthan If she is outside UK and her Family permit expires then she needs to apply for family permit again to enter in UK.And for that she needs to have her all original documents submitted with the application( which are already held with home office for EEA FM)
Clearly there's a bit of careful logistical planning and timing to do here.
And OP needs to weigh up priorities.
One thing is for sure, HO is not going to work around people's travel plans.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sarahassan031
Newly Registered

Post by sarahassan031 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:59 am

@noajthan and @samfam thankyou for your reply

how can i ask back for my passport?? Should i write a letter to them ? If i am traveling to Pak in December how early shoud I write to them asking for my passport??

Oh and i will make sure to come back to UK from Germany before my current visa expires (before August 2016) so that I dont have to reapply for the family permit visa. I want to apply for residence card immediately after coming from Germany.

Also can i apply for jobs here while i am on eea family permit visa or while my residence card application is in process?

Regards