ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax mismatch too late now

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ss99
Newly Registered

Re: tax mismatch too late now

Post by ss99 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:41 pm

@vishal123
Any update on your application? You decided to apply or withdraw? If possible please post your status will help others who are in the same boat.

vishal123

Post by vishal123 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Yet to decide.
options
1)not to apply.
2)apply under long term ilr
3)apply under 5 years rule.

Let's see don't know yet.I want to go with no 3.not yet sure.

ilr2016001
Newly Registered

Post by ilr2016001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:06 am

vishal123 wrote:dose income declare to HO must match HMRC tax paid?. my situation is when I applied for my extension I did in hurry till the very last date so couldn't get all the expenses to my accountant, this I proof then can she how late was my application almost to the very last day.when I field my account with HO I declared income of around 44K. later when I did my tax return I submitted all my expenses and I paid tax on 40.03k,
my threshold for calming point was 40k.

my question is will this effect my application if so what can I do? should I pay the balance revised according to what I submitted to HO even though these are my genuine expenses which I forgot to balance.I can never win with HO.

1)should I short it out with HMRC before I go for my ILR.
2)whats the latest date to apply for ILR from time of visa expiry?
3)once I get my visa whats the latest I can do my wife dependent extension,her expire same with me.
next month mid .
please advice.
Vishal,

option 1:

Listen carefully.. say I assume you showed 44K gross... if it is 44k gross (slary + dividends = 44k) you have file your SA 302 for the same amounts. if you didn't do that.. later you amend your company accounts with expenses and reduced your dividends and paid your taxes(for 40.03k). that is absolutely wrong. you can't amend now. if you do so that was deliberate and hmrc will fine you and penalties and interest etc.. that is OK before you doing the amendments contact reputed accountancy firms transfer all your accountancy history to them they will sort out your issue. Give your original net dividend vouchers you used for your extension same amount should go for taxes to pay the personal tax beyond threshold. But issue is here, you can't amend the company balance sheet and profit etc... you already returned to company house. So my understanding you can't amend your company profit accounting documents and sa 302 now.

option 2:

Don't amend anything...

Post your application as usual wait for 6 months... if you are lucky enough case worker may consider... or things can change on decisions relaxation based on the rejection count.. from home office.. can be... you will have the chance of ILR. be positive.. fees.. money not important here.. be wise and honest as much as you can. don't repeat the mistakes again by amending the taxes. you earn your fee back before you gets decision from home office.. hope you get your visa.. strong dude..

Can you tell me you said you showed 44k gross.. explain the break up here .. how much net dividends + tax credit and just gross salary.

Also explain your breakup you showed to HMRC (40.03k) (net dividends and gross salary)..

I hope you submitted all of your self assessments sa 302 on time.. since you registered your company.

ss99
Newly Registered

Post by ss99 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:54 pm

@vishal123

Any update on your application yet?

vishal123

Post by vishal123 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 am

ilr2016001 wrote:
vishal123 wrote:dose income declare to HO must match HMRC tax paid?. my situation is when I applied for my extension I did in hurry till the very last date so couldn't get all the expenses to my accountant, this I proof then can she how late was my application almost to the very last day.when I field my account with HO I declared income of around 44K. later when I did my tax return I submitted all my expenses and I paid tax on 40.03k,
my threshold for calming point was 40k.

my question is will this effect my application if so what can I do? should I pay the balance revised according to what I submitted to HO even though these are my genuine expenses which I forgot to balance.I can never win with HO.

1)should I short it out with HMRC before I go for my ILR.
2)whats the latest date to apply for ILR from time of visa expiry?
3)once I get my visa whats the latest I can do my wife dependent extension,her expire same with me.
next month mid .
please advice.
Vishal,

option 1:

Listen carefully.. say I assume you showed 44K gross... if it is 44k gross (slary + dividends = 44k) you have file your SA 302 for the same amounts. if you didn't do that.. later you amend your company accounts with expenses and reduced your dividends and paid your taxes(for 40.03k). that is absolutely wrong. you can't amend now. if you do so that was deliberate and hmrc will fine you and penalties and interest etc.. that is OK before you doing the amendments contact reputed accountancy firms transfer all your accountancy history to them they will sort out your issue. Give your original net dividend vouchers you used for your extension same amount should go for taxes to pay the personal tax beyond threshold. But issue is here, you can't amend the company balance sheet and profit etc... you already returned to company house. So my understanding you can't amend your company profit accounting documents and sa 302 now.

option 2:

Don't amend anything...

Post your application as usual wait for 6 months... if you are lucky enough case worker may consider... or things can change on decisions relaxation based on the rejection count.. from home office.. can be... you will have the chance of ILR. be positive.. fees.. money not important here.. be wise and honest as much as you can. don't repeat the mistakes again by amending the taxes. you earn your fee back before you gets decision from home office.. hope you get your visa.. strong dude..

Can you tell me you said you showed 44k gross.. explain the break up here .. how much net dividends + tax credit and just gross salary.

Also explain your breakup you showed to HMRC (40.03k) (net dividends and gross salary)..

I hope you submitted all of your self assessments sa 302 on time.. since you registered your company.
sorry for late reply. I don't have a company its salary plus self employed

salary - 18500
self employed- 21800