ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of receipt by UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leaver

Date of receipt by UKBA

Post by Leaver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:51 am

I applied on 9th of March, so now following the March update thread.

People seem to be stating Date of receipt by UKBA dates, how can I know what is the date for this?

I applied via NCS Fulham, JCAP on 9 March.
After this I didn't receive anything from anyone..how can I know what is the "Date of receipt by UKBA"?
Do they send an email, a letter? I trust this is different than "acknowledgement date"

Tier 2 5y + 1y ILR was the route, pretty straight forward at the NCS appointment.

On the March thread I already saw people applying after me who had their fees taken off account etc..
Should I be worried?

thanks all

cfdman

Re: Date of receipt by UKBA

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:55 am

Leaver wrote:People seem to be stating Date of receipt by UKBA dates, how can I know what is the date for this?
The NCS advisor might have given you a RoyalMail tracking number (or might have written it on your receipt, check that).
You can track the RoyalMail delivery status from RoyalMail website to know when the HO received your application.
Leaver wrote: I applied via NCS Fulham, JCAP on 9 March.
After this I didn't receive anything from anyone..how can I know what is the "Date of receipt by UKBA"?
Do they send an email, a letter? I trust this is different than "acknowledgement date"
Since you applied via NCS, the date of NCS appointment is your application date. I have indeed double checked this with the coucil and some coucils (Wandsworth for instance) explicitely put this information in their notice board.
The acknowledgement date is indeed different.
Leaver wrote: On the March thread I already saw people applying after me who had their fees taken off account etc..
Should I be worried?
No reason to worry. Chill. It take about 10 to 15 days for fees to be taken off the account and receive letter after 2 to 3 days. With the later rush due to fee increase you may even wait a bit longer now. Relax.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:40 pm

I applied for MN1 registration for my little one born in the UK on the 9th March via NCS Edinburgh and in the same situation.

I was given a Royal Mail tracking number at the NCS, but having waited a week and the tracking number returning something like 'try again later', got back in touch with the NCS who confirmed that the Royal Mail tracking number was changed due to an error by the post officer and I was issued a new tracking number.

The new RM tracking number shows that application was delivered to "LIVERPOOL SOUTH PDO" the next day 10th March.

Still no fee debit to date. NCS advise me that it can take them upto 8 weeks for debit of fees and that it is a very busy time for them due to the fee increase.

From the timeline threads, debit of fees and acknowledgement letter from home office happen around the same time. I have seen the odd cases where it took upto a month for debit of fees from the time application was delivered to them.
Cheers,
OR

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 am

You'll find it was delivered from "LIVERPOOL SOUTH PDO", not to there.

My application was also received by UKVI (there is no UKBA any more) on 10th March, fees were debited on 19th, haven't had any letters yet though :roll:

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:21 pm

ohara wrote:You'll find it was delivered from "LIVERPOOL SOUTH PDO", not to there.

My application was also received by UKVI (there is no UKBA any more) on 10th March, fees were debited on 19th, haven't had any letters yet though :roll:
That's correct ohara, it was delivered from 'LIVERPOOL SOUTH PDO" and not delivered to. Don't think there is much that we can do rather than wait.

Like they say, 'Patience is a virtue' :-)
Cheers,
OR

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:15 am

Finally received the acknowledgment letter on 22rd of March, and a letter asking for biometrics.
1005£ fee was debited on 23rd of March.

Seems a tad slow ..

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

Maybe they had some trouble processing your payment and it took a couple of attempts. I submitted mine at NCS on the 9th March also and I got the acknowledgement and biometrics letter on the 23rd.

Glad all is sorted for you now 8)

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

ohara wrote:Maybe they had some trouble processing your payment and it took a couple of attempts. I submitted mine at NCS on the 9th March also and I got the acknowledgement and biometrics letter on the 23rd.

looks like they process applications in batches ie taking payment and then sending the automated biometric letter. After that then it's really upto how complex your application is and the caseworker involved.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:53 pm

kankerot wrote:
ohara wrote:Maybe they had some trouble processing your payment and it took a couple of attempts. I submitted mine at NCS on the 9th March also and I got the acknowledgement and biometrics letter on the 23rd.

looks like they process applications in batches ie taking payment and then sending the automated biometric letter. After that then it's really upto how complex your application is and the caseworker involved.
Well not sure on that my payment was debited on 24 of march, and still i haven't received neither the acknowledgment letter nor the biometrics letter

KPK
Newly Registered

Post by KPK » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:34 pm

My wife applied on 11th March via NCS, documents arrived at Liverpool on Monday 14th March and still no fee debited. Should we be concerned?