ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Accmodation for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jillsjack

Evidence of Accmodation for EC

Post by jillsjack » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:07 am

Dear Members,
What eveidence is needed to show evidence of arranged accomodation for EC. If I have to book can some body suggest the way? and do I have to make any advance payments? Any suggested links online where I can get the booking?
Thanx
J's J

technician

Post by technician » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:44 am

Hello,

It is very simple. There are two alternatives to solve this.

1. If you have a friend or a relative staying in London ask for a letter from him inviting you to come to London and assuring you of a place to stay in his house. Remember your friend to give his contact details in this letter. It is a letter similar to sponsorship.

2. Book a hotel for about two weeks online from your home country and attach email communication in this regard to the Entry Clearance Officer.
I think this will suffice the ECO.

Please post your experience on the forum in this regard. Also post your experience of HSMP approval to benefit all.

Team work

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:24 pm

Thanx Tech,
Please see my revious posts I made during my HSMP process. It was simple and surprising. I applied from Pakistan as an ERP/Computer Professional. Got approved on 29 Nov.

I have a friend living in UK for the last 15 years. Followoing is the format I have thought up for accomodation letter. Please have a look at it. Remarks about it would be appreicated.

Dear JJ,
Congrats for getting hsmp approval. I and [HIS WIFENAME] would be very pleased if you would come and stay with us while you look for a job. This would also help you to ease into the environment here. [HIS WIFENAME] can show [MY WIFENAME] around, find a school and get [My Son] to adjust at school.

Note my Address:
Home Address
XYZ ROAD
ROCHDALE, ENGLAND
OL126PJ
Tel: xxxx-xxxxxxx

Business Address
XYZ Road
YYY STREET , OFF KKKK STREET
ROCHDALE, ENGLAND
OL111QX

Wish you good luck. Let us know when you finalize your travel plans.
Regards
[HIS NAME]
J's J

technician

Post by technician » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:30 am

HI,

It is OK. But it should be addressed to the Immigration Officer at the British High Commission in the your home country, Instead of being addressed to you.
Also add one line very similar to

"I and my wife take full responsibility of <U> during their stay in UK. " Rest u can understand what i mean.
Rest is fine.
TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

shahzi
Newly Registered

JILLSJACK, I need your help!

Post by shahzi » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:24 am

Dear Jillsjack,
I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I have submitted my EC application at Islamabad British High Commission on 25th November 2004. Can you please share details and timelines of your EC Interview/Visa. I would be really grateful to you.

Sincerely,

Shahzi.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:41 am

I wonder if you didn't get any responce in a month. You may check your status vis fed-ex site, if you have submitted your application through them.
http://www.visadropbox.com
enter your computer ref no and check the status of your case. EC's usually vary from country to country, its for Pakistan.

sagarjv

Accomm. sample

Post by sagarjv » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:18 am

Hello,

u can another accomm. sample at
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
thread.
In fact I used the same format for my EC.
============
To,

The Immigration Officer,
British High Commission,
-------------------
---------------------

Sir: My friend, Mr._______________ has applied for High Skilled Migration Programme (HSMP) and got the approval from Home Office, UK. He will be migrating to the UK after completing his Entry Clearance (EC) formalities. We both worked together during 2000 – 2001 in ______________.

Please let me use this opportunity to bring to your notice that he will be staying with me until he finds his own accommodation.

Should you need any further clarifications in this regard, please contact me.

Yours Sincerely,
Name: __________,
Phone: ___________
Email: ______________
Address: ________________

====================

Bye,
sagar

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:35 am

Dear Tech
Thanx for the comments...I will add the line and get it addressed to immig officer.

Shahzi,
I haven't applied for EC as yet. Also since I am out of Pakistan right now, I shall not be applying for EC in Pakistan. I shall be applying from Libya where I am right now. I contacted the UK Embassy here and asked them what documents I have to provide, They said that only the HSMP letter, Accomdationa and funds proof is needed and the Visa will be issued in 24 hours.
I do not excatly the ec processng times in Pak but I guess the are less that 01 Month.
J's J