ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G to ILR Empl/Self-Employed Interview Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TigV
Newly Registered

Tier 1 G to ILR Empl/Self-Employed Interview Questions

Post by TigV » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Dear All,

This week I am applying for IRL based on 5 years on Tier 1 General (applying at PEO). I'm showing my earnings for the past 12 months based on employment and self-employment (sole trader) combined.

I heard that if you've been employed and self-employed, you are likely to be called for an interview.

Has anyone had such an interview? What questions do they ask?

Many thanks if anyone could share their experience.

screenprint

Re: Tier 1 G to ILR Empl/Self-Employed Interview Questions

Post by screenprint » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:55 am

Hi,

If you are going to the the PEO than they will give you the questioner to fill but no interview unless case worker will feel that they need to clarify some thing from you directly, but it not an interview but a brief discussion. Below is the Sample of the Questioner they will ask you to fill.

1. Have you worked as Self Employed or worked as the Director or shareholder of a Limited company? If answer is yes, go to question 2 or return questionnaire to the desk officer
2. What is/was the nature of your business as a Self Employed person - Sole Trader, Contractor, Limited Company (Director or Shareholder), Other (please specify)
3. Confirm the financial years in which you were registered as Self employed in the UK? years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
4. For financial years registered as self-employed, please confirm years for which a Self-assessment tax return was submitted to HMRC (This does not include a Company Tax return for a limited company) - again years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15
5. Please specify type of business you engaged in to generate income
6. Did you use an accountant to assist in submitted your SA tax returns to HMRC? If yes, go to question 7
7. Please provide name of accountants used
8. Confirm type of documents used in order to prepare your SA tax returns - choices were Invoice, Bank Statements, Dividend Vouchers, Payslips, Others
9. Are you satisfied that the SA tax returns submitted to HMRC accurately reflected your income? If not, why not and what further action have to taken to address it?
10. Any other comments

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

TigV wrote:Dear All,

This week I am applying for IRL based on 5 years on Tier 1 General (applying at PEO). I'm showing my earnings for the past 12 months based on employment and self-employment (sole trader) combined.

I heard that if you've been employed and self-employed, you are likely to be called for an interview.

Has anyone had such an interview? What questions do they ask?

Many thanks if anyone could share their experience.
Hi,

I agree with what screenprint mentioned in his post. If you are going PEO route, then depending on your application the case worker might call you for clarifying some things or maybe to ask a few questions but nothing major I believe.

I went to Croydon PEO and my application was made up of employed and self employed earnings. I had absolutely no issues getting it approved beginning of march. Also to add that in Croydon PEO, there is no questionnaire provided which is unlike some of the other PEOs.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
A

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:23 pm

@sharmao

Are you sure that they do not ask for the Questioner at Croydon ? I have a friend recently to the PEO FEB 26 and they did give her a Questioner to Fill.

Was your PEO Appointment quite recent ?

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi Screenprint ,

I went for my ILR on 7th March at Croydon PEO and was not given a questionnaire, neither I saw anyone being given one.

Regards

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:12 pm

In Croydon and Cardiff they dont give Questionnaire at start. CW gives it on discretion.

Where as other PEO they give it in start. In Croydon they dont have time for all this silly business so they just get to the point and call the applicant on one of the counters for questioning.