ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child's visa and passport expiring

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

disney 27
Newly Registered

Post by disney 27 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi i have just joined the board and need your help.

i have refugee status and with indefinite leave to remain . my partner and daughter joined me in the UK on a family reunion visas. my partner has now has ILR. my 7 year old daughter's passport is expiring in january. her entry clerance visa states that she has indefinite leave to enter and is my dependent. applying for a national passport from our home country will be difficult.my questions are:

1. can i apply for a uk travel document for my daughter .

2. can i just leave things as they are as there is no time limit on her current visa?

i hope this is clear enough to understand.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:17 pm

1. See also Home Office travel documents.

2. If she is not traveling outside the UK, then I believe you may leave things as they are. See also difference between ILE and ILR?? Her indefinite leave status will not expire when her passport expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

disney 27
Newly Registered

Post by disney 27 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:17 pm

Thank you for your help.

I just got my approval for naturalisation this morning. What a great Xmas present!!!
Now i dont have to worry about my daughter's passport expiring.

JAJ
Australia

Re: child's visa and passport expiring

Post by JAJ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:26 am

disney 27 wrote:Thank you for your help.

I just got my approval for naturalisation this morning. What a great Xmas present!!!
Now i dont have to worry about my daughter's passport expiring.
Bear in mind two things:

1. You don't become British until you attend a citizenship ceremony; and

2. Your daughter does not become British automatically. However, one you are British you can apply for her to be registered as a British citizen because she has ILR. No residence requirement applies to her as she is under 13.

Form MN1 and a fee of GBP400 will be required.