ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going Part-time on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wtmlive

Going Part-time on Tier 2

Post by wtmlive » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi
I am in the third year of my Tier 2. I will be eligible for ILR in end of 2018. I am starting a new job in September this year. I want to go part-time for this. I will not fall below 18000 pounds threshold required for me to stay in the UK. I am wondering if there are any consequences for this in relation with my ILR ? I will be able to go full-time again in September 2017 so when I'm applying for ILR in 2018 I will still be earning more than 32k pounds needed to be eligible for ILR.
If I get a sponsor to offer me a part-time role, will this have any effect on the ILR in where I am earning the required amount? Or does the whole duration of 5 years has to include the full-time work and salary?
Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Going Part-time on Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:18 pm

So how many hours are you actually looking to work part time?

Why do you want to work part time?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:31 pm

I work in the NHS and it's under a lot of strain at the moment. My shifts are really very hectic and I can work up to 72 hours a week some weeks. I am trying to pass some exams that I need to study for very very well. I have previously failed these exams for not studying enough. They are important for me.
I am so tired when I finish work that only thing I can do is rest and get ready for my next shift. I feel if I'm able to go part-time for a year I will be able to clear the exams. I also plan to visit my mom back home who has some health problems. Currently I'm getting about 7 weeks a year off to go meet my mom but I can have up to 3 months in one year so I would like to use that.
I can get 50%, 60%, 70% part-time work. It's a bit confusing as it's not very common thing to do. My contract states full time work as 40 hours a week.
Any reduction in these hours will be enough for me.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:27 am

I just want to know what minimum hours can I work and still be eligible for Tier 2 COS.
I am sure there are many other professionals, IT etc that still qualify for Tier 2 visas without having to work ridiculous hours.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 pm

According to my SOC code my 39 hour working week salary should be 30k at least. My contract states my 40 hour per week salary is 37,822.
Is this an acceptable pay for eligibility for Tier 2?

vijayj

Post by vijayj » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:20 am

You have to work minimum 30hr/week

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:06 pm

The only prescriptive working hours under Tier 2 is for migrants Sponsored under shortage occupations. They must work a minimum of 30 hours.