ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing / Electronic Support Documentation - Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BigBadWolf
Newly Registered

Missing / Electronic Support Documentation - Help!

Post by BigBadWolf » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi everybody,

Having lived for about 8 & half years in the UK, I've finally decided to go down the British naturalization route.

I am Portuguese and my passport will expire mid-September (and I’d sure like to go home before this to get it renewed). Alternatively I can provide my National ID card which will expire next year.

From my understanding in what I’ve read in multiple posts, as a first step, I’ll need to fill any(?) version of the EEA PR Card application form and sent it to an address where I’ll include:

1.The form (or letter explaining what I’m after) - this is no problem;
2. A couple of passport size pictures – I can get these taken;
3. Citizenship Document – If I send the passport, is it reasonable to expect it back around the end of August?
4. Supporting Documentation… - This may be an issue as: I went on a massive shredding spree last summer! I kept a few (original) documents for the sake of keeping something but I am not sure If I’ll have enough to amount to 10 docs total (or 2 per year):

In this digital era, I have all my council tax bills on PDF forms that I could re-print? (for the past 6 years or so), I have my current employer’s (2 years 2 months) full set of paperwork), roughly 3 months unemployment before that (on JSA), about 7 or 8 months of employment (I may have shredded docs regarding this company as this was a not so great experience), before this was redundant for about 5 months (was on JSA but I don’t think I have any documentation about this anymore) and finally a good 2 or 3 years’ worth of Electronic payslips (all password protected PDFs) but no P60s anymore I believe…
Do you think I can print the initially electronic only relevant documentation (Council Tax Bills + a couple of payslips from my 2 previous employers?). Obviously these could all be verified with a phone call but I can already see a loooooong wait if I am to ask for backdated payslips / P60s…

I couldn’t find enough info regarding the originally non-paper documents… So not sure what to do with this…

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying? :)

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Re: Missing / Electronic Support Documentation - Help!

Post by maverickstoned » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:38 pm

hello,
You can call hmrc and request your tax/work history for the last 5 year.
electronic council tax should be ok or u can provide tenancy agreement for the last 5 years.

cheers

BigBadWolf
Newly Registered

Post by BigBadWolf » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Many thanks for your reply!

Do you mean giving them a call to ask them to send me a paper "statement" in the post?

I can provide tenancy agreement starting mid 2013, last summer I didn't ever think I'd be considering doing this so I shredded a lot of paperwork.

Would you say that HMRC history + one additional doc per year of stay would be enough? I'll have the odd utility bill but these will be about 3 or 4 spread across an 8 year time period.

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:02 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:Many thanks for your reply!

Do you mean giving them a call to ask them to send me a paper "statement" in the post?

I can provide tenancy agreement starting mid 2013, last summer I didn't ever think I'd be considering doing this so I shredded a lot of paperwork.

Would you say that HMRC history + one additional doc per year of stay would be enough? I'll have the odd utility bill but these will be about 3 or 4 spread across an 8 year time period.
Hi There,

Please use the below link to send the request for NI statement for last 5-10 years
https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/NIStatement

and you can call to GAS/Electric provider and request reference letter about your previous bills and note on electronic bills.

Abdul Raheem

BigBadWolf
Newly Registered

Post by BigBadWolf » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the link, that's awesome!

Actually I called one of my providers a short while ago and because my account has been closed for the past two years, they mentioned they're now unable to retrieve these...

I called TV licence and they said (I have 2008 electronically and this years as well), that they can only issue for the present year.

Is this bad luck so far?

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:16 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the link, that's awesome!

Actually I called one of my providers a short while ago and because my account has been closed for the past two years, they mentioned they're now unable to retrieve these...

I called TV licence and they said (I have 2008 electronically and this years as well), that they can only issue for the present year.

Is this bad luck so far?
Don’t ask detailed bills, just a reference letter about your previous accounts and I am sure they will provide this information.

Don’t forget to mention that you need these letter to submit in home office.

Abdul Raheem

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 pm

hello,

Electronic council bill printout should be fine.

cheers