ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS calculator printout for English language not accepted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goingbrit

PBS calculator printout for English language not accepted

Post by goingbrit » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:48 am

I just submitted my AN application (5yrs residence/ILR + 1yr) via NCS, and was asked for my degree (in addition to the LiUK). I asked why as the form had asked whether I had already submitted it as evidence for previous apps (ILR after Oct 2013). The NCS lady just shrugged. I gave her the degree plus the PBS calculator printout showing the 10 points awarded for it, at which point she checked her computer and said that the PBS calculator won't be accepted as proof from tomorrow (April 6). Anyone else heard of this? BTW, my degree is from the US and as it turns up on the PBS calculator, I have never had to submit anything else in support (for Tier 1 apps or ILR).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS calculator printout for English language not accepte

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:53 am

NCS is correct. PBS calculator is no longer accepted, see link below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 05044.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, CR001! Any idea whether an old NARIC certificate will be enough (my partner had it done for his US degree in the initial Tier 1 application 6 years ago). Or does he have to pay again?

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Also, moderators, is it possible to put this in the English language sticky? I used the information from that sticky and narrowly dodged a bullet today!

Which also raises the question of whether I should have to submit my degree information again, as I have already done this for each Tier 1 app, and the ILR app just asked whether I have showed it already? Was NCS wrong to ask for the degree again?

niv.niv.n

Post by niv.niv.n » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi CR001,

Do we have to provide evidence of english language again for citizenship even after proving the English language requirement during our ILR application ?? Could you please clarify this ?? It doesn't make sense to keep proving our english language at every stage of application when it has already been proved. Thanks