ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationwide bank statement issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malihat
Newly Registered

Nationwide bank statement issue

Post by malihat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 pm

I am applying for my spouse visa extension. My husband's salary is paid into a Nationwide account for which he has opted for paperless statements, and the PDFs are available online. We spoke to the bank, and they said the statements they can send will be the same as the PDFs. The PDFs do have the Nationwide logo on them and we can print them in colour so that's not an issue. However, they do have the word "duplicate" printed across them. Nationwide said that they cannot stamp the statements or provide a letter confirming their authenticity even if they print them and send them to us themselves. Will the PDF statements be ok?

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Re: Nationwide bank statement issue

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 am

No they need to be stamped or originals. Bizarre...I walked into my Halifax branch and asked them to print and stamp 6 month's worth of statements which they did without a word.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Nationwide are like that unfortunately. I asked them to stamp the pages, the cashier also wrote her name and stapled her business card to it. That worked for me, but it really does depend on the caseworker and how strictly they apply the rules. I've found banks within the Lloyds banking group (Halifax, Lloyds, BoS) to be the most friendly in helping out.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

dubluke
Newly Registered

Post by dubluke » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:34 pm

I recently went to my local TSB branch to get printed and stamped statements going back 6 months, they don't offer statements going that far back in branch but were happy to make an order through their computer system for 6 months worth to be printed on headed paper at their head office and then posted to me; perhaps see if they would offer this instead?