ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further queries on FLR(M) form filling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dubluke
Newly Registered

Further queries on FLR(M) form filling

Post by dubluke » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi all,

Am attending for an in person appointment next Tuesday, pretty much everything sorted now, but have a few further queries, did bump an old thread but didn't hear anything back so apologies for the new post - happy for this one to be merged with that if necessary.

My partner and I are applying in Category A, there is a section of the form asking about salary, section 7.3. It asks for your current annual salary. My partner and I are combining our salaries in order to meet the requirement, so do we put our final combined salary figure in the box as opposed to just one person's?

Also, I received a payrise within the last 6 months, they will therefore be using the lowest amount I earned during this time period to make the calculation, should I therefore put the lower amount I was earning before my payrise, plus my partner's salary, or should I put my current salary, plus hers? I know they will calculate it in their own fashion anyway, based off our payslips, but I just want to make sure the form is filled out correctly to avoid any issues.

Also I will probably not have received March's wages by the time we go in to apply, as our pay date varies. My payslip for my most recent salary is dated 5th March (salary paid in arrears for work carried out in February) and therefore more than 28 days old at the time of application. However my cover letter proving employment, and bank statements are less than 28 days old, I'm just a bit worried that not being able to show March's salary yet will be a point of concern. Any advice on this is appreciated as I'm unsure as to how the system works. I'm thinking that it shouldn't be an issue as I have these other means of proving my continued employment and wage earning, but just want to be sure.

Thanks

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Re: Further queries on FLR(M) form filling

Post by NomiKaay » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:45 pm

dubluke wrote:Hi all,

Am attending for an in person appointment next Tuesday, pretty much everything sorted now, but have a few further queries, did bump an old thread but didn't hear anything back so apologies for the new post - happy for this one to be merged with that if necessary.

My partner and I are applying in Category A, there is a section of the form asking about salary, section 7.3. It asks for your current annual salary. My partner and I are combining our salaries in order to meet the requirement, so do we put our final combined salary figure in the box as opposed to just one person's?

I would put in the higher earner's salary here. At the end of the 7.3A table, the form has a place for you to put in combine salary.

Also, I received a payrise within the last 6 months, they will therefore be using the lowest amount I earned during this time period to make the calculation, should I therefore put the lower amount I was earning before my payrise, plus my partner's salary, or should I put my current salary, plus hers? I know they will calculate it in their own fashion anyway, based off our payslips, but I just want to make sure the form is filled out correctly to avoid any issues.

Best to put current salary rather than former salary.

Also I will probably not have received March's wages by the time we go in to apply, as our pay date varies. My payslip for my most recent salary is dated 5th March (salary paid in arrears for work carried out in February) and therefore more than 28 days old at the time of application. However my cover letter proving employment, and bank statements are less than 28 days old, I'm just a bit worried that not being able to show March's salary yet will be a point of concern. Any advice on this is appreciated as I'm unsure as to how the system works. I'm thinking that it shouldn't be an issue as I have these other means of proving my continued employment and wage earning, but just want to be sure.

I would strongly suggest to wait for your most recent payslip as its one of the more clearer requirements to have all the financial documents within the 28 day period.

Thanks

dubluke
Newly Registered

Re: Further queries on FLR(M) form filling

Post by dubluke » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:36 pm

NomiKaay wrote:
dubluke wrote:Hi all,

I would put in the higher earner's salary here. At the end of the 7.3A table, the form has a place for you to put in combine salary.

Best to put current salary rather than former salary.

I would strongly suggest to wait for your most recent payslip as its one of the more clearer requirements to have all the financial documents within the 28 day period.

Thanks
Ok, having re-read it the wording asks for you and/or your sponsor's level of income relied upon, I can also see the section for combined income lower down. I think I will therefore put both of our incomes in the initial section, but use my higher earning amount in there. I will put a note in the additional information section drawing attention to my variation in salary.

I have spoken to my employer and fortunately it seems we will be receiving salary tomorrow, and he has said I can collect my payslip on Monday, which is the day before our appointment. So fingers crossed we will be ok on that front too!

Thanks a lot for your help. Getting nervous now but hopefully we have covered all of our bases.

dubluke
Newly Registered

URGENT BUMP - appointment TOMORROW, queries on FLR(M)

Post by dubluke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Cheeky bump!!

We are pretty much set and going in tomorrow. Fortunately I received my most recent salary on Friday just gone and collected my assorted payslip today, so think we're good to go.

A final query about the form - a section of the form asks you to write down when you first entered the UK. My wife and I are unsure as to whether this means in general, or the first time you entered on a visa longer than 6 months. Her first ever entry was in January 2013 as a tourist, operating on the VISA free travel for up to 60 months available to USA citizens. Her first ever entry under a formal visa, tier 4 student was December 2013. She then had a subsequent entry on a second student visa (undertook further study) in August 2015. Am I right in thinking we put the December 2013 entry down as her first entry?

Thanks