ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA Fiancé visiting in UK on visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuaib1991
Newly Registered

USA Fiancé visiting in UK on visitor visa

Post by shuaib1991 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi my question is in regards to Visas and I would be grateful for any help.

My wife and I had a religious ceremony (this was done over skype- long story) and this is not recognised by the British government so I guess we would still be considered engaged technically. She visited me from the states for a month in January 2016 and went back home. After a month of being back home she I wanted her back here so we booked another ticket, this time for just under 6 months. She had a connecting flight from Dublin to Manchester however she was stopped in dublin- immigration asked her some questions as to why she was visiting. She said she visited before, really liked it and wanted to travel some more in the UK. They didn't buy the story, went through her phone and worked out she is married (they weren't aware we haven't made it legal) and sent her back the same day and told her she needs an entry clearance and the right visa and then she can come back- her risk assessment showed she was low/no risk, well behaved and compliant.

I was wondering, could she come back on a visitor visa and state on her application that she is visiting her fiance? Is there anyway she can come see me without a marriage visa? since I do not have 6 months wage slips and all she wants to do is visit me for 4-5 months and then go back home. I am being placed in a new role this May but we don't want to have to wait for 6-8 months till we can see each other again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: USA Fiancé visiting in UK on visitor visa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:22 pm

She can certainly apply for a visitor visa and declare in the application that she is visiting her fiance. She will however, have to submit evidence of strong ties to her home country in order to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she won't overstay.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.