ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Interview Questions Data

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kankerot
United Kingdom

UK Passport Interview Questions Data

Post by kankerot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:04 am

So what happens to the data they collect from the Passport Interview?

1) Is it deleted or do you make a request to have it deleted?

2) Also as to Biometric Data for naturalisations is that deleted as well or must you write in to get that deleted.

3) Can you book a one week fast track for first time Adult passports or not?

We want to make travel arrangements but with the current naturalisation application being processed and then waiting for the ceremony not sure how long it will take. The other half wants to go back to the US for 4/5 months this time round.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Passport Interview Questions Data

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:22 am

1. It is used to verify your identity. Most of the questions are things only you will know and particular to you and what you have put in HO application forms. See Passport Interview Questions (Click)

2. See Want your biometric record deleted after becoming British (click). In addition to this, you have to return your BRP card (if you have one) within 5 days of your ceremony.

3. No you cannot use 1 week fast track for first adult passport.

Suggest you postpone your long travel till passport is received. The applicant has to attend the ceremony within 90 days of receiving approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Now once we get approval and attend the ceremony how long after is the Certificate issued?

Now she has a US passport which she can travel on but will need some sort of evidence when she returns.

1) The ILR will be redundant as she has citizenship.
2) Without a citizenship certificate will she be able to enter the UK?
3) If she enters the UK on her US passport will she be breaking VISA requirements?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

kankerot wrote:Now once we get approval and attend the ceremony how long after is the Certificate issued?

Now she has a US passport which she can travel on but will need some sort of evidence when she returns.

3) If she enters the UK on her US passport will she be breaking VISA requirements?
See this relevant thread. I'll leave you to make you own conclusions. :|

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 06650.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:46 pm

kankerot wrote:Now once we get approval and attend the ceremony how long after is the Certificate issued?

1) Correct
2) Contentious. Its not an official travel document, and BRP is invalidated and will have to be returned or risk £1000 fine. People may have gotten away with it in the past, but rules have tightened since. Suggest she applies for UK passport immediately on the day of ceremony once naturalisation certificate is received. Will take 2-3 weeks.
3) She has no VISA by that stage, as British Citizenship overrides ILR. Factors to consider - return leg to UK could prove problematic on boarding the airline, entry at UK airport you could face grilling/questioning/stress etc by passport officers. The HO rules are clear, the consequences as described may/may not happen. All depends on probability and are you willing to take a risk.

Will tread this very carefully.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 pm

tripping wrote:

1) Correct
2) Contentious. Its not an official travel document, and BRP is invalidated and will have to be returned or risk £1000 fine. People may have gotten away with it in the past, but rules have tightened since. Suggest she applies for UK passport immediately on the day of ceremony once naturalisation certificate is received. Will take 2-3 weeks.
3) She has no VISA by that stage, as British Citizenship overrides ILR. Factors to consider - return leg to UK could prove problematic on boarding the airline, entry at UK airport you could face grilling/questioning/stress etc by passport officers. The HO rules are clear, the consequences as described may/may not happen. All depends on probability and are you willing to take a risk.

Will tread this very carefully.
Concur with all above, but do build in additional time in the passport application process to attend the obligatory interview before the passport can be issued.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:09 pm

She gets the certificate at the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:31 am

So no one knows what happens to the data they collect from the passport interview?

Also can you attend a citizenship ceremony at any council or only the one they prescribe as I want to sort out the Passport application asap after the ceremony.

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf

Page 24 of the Guidance

" We will record the interview for quality and
review purposes and to help us make a fair
decision. We may use the recording for training
purposes and we will destroy it after we have
issued your passport"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 am

kankerot wrote:Also can you attend a citizenship ceremony at any council or only the one they prescribe as I want to sort out the Passport application asap after the ceremony.
Unless you stipulate in the application form which council you want your ceremony at, it will automatically default to the council in which you live.

Changing councils for ceremony AFTER you have been approved is a tedious process as your certificate has to be returned to HO and then redirected somewhere else and this can take a few weeks.

It doesn't matter where you have your ceremony, the passport application is a separate process and not a council service (unless you use the joint pilot project).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

12years wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf

Page 24 of the Guidance

" We will record the interview for quality and
review purposes and to help us make a fair
decision. We may use the recording for training
purposes and we will destroy it after we have
issued your passport"
That refers to the recording of the interview but not the answers they input. Or do they just sit there looking at a computer screen checking off your answers?

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
kankerot wrote:Also can you attend a citizenship ceremony at any council or only the one they prescribe as I want to sort out the Passport application asap after the ceremony.
Unless you stipulate in the application form which council you want your ceremony at, it will automatically default to the council in which you live.

Changing councils for ceremony AFTER you have been approved is a tedious process as your certificate has to be returned to HO and then redirected somewhere else and this can take a few weeks.

It doesn't matter where you have your ceremony, the passport application is a separate process and not a council service (unless you use the joint pilot project).
Yeah looks like just waiting then for the Citizenship approval and then booking with the council. Really annoyed I didnt know about the pilot scheme - would have travelled to the nearest NCS to sort it out.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:47 pm

I believe the OP will at least leave a Thank You message in the end in the interest of respect and courtesy.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:04 pm

leavetoremain wrote:I believe the OP will at least leave a Thank You message in the end in the interest of respect and courtesy.
Helping someone is a reflection of who you are. This forum has been an amazing place. Imagine if the OP has requested a solicitor then he/she would have known the value of the feedback given in this thread. However, This is not odd(a lot of people don't even say thanks in life and in this forum), the moderators and gurus are doing tremendous amount of research and hard work with each response. Remember, their feedback/time is priceless and what are the readers paying? Nothing.

Having said, that you should help because you want to, but you should not expect anything in return. You can't change the way people react, but you can control the way you react in return.