ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KingdomMan

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

dublin777 wrote:@ kingdoman below is the reply I got from Inis. Could it be my file is back from the Minister? What stage is this am a beat confused . Any idea

Dear ..... *******

Your application is currently being processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards,

........ ******
Citizenship Division
Same reply I got from the INIs when I inquired about my application status but only to get my approval in the post like 3 weeks after. So, keep faith and hope for the best. I am very sure your approval is in the offing!

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 pm

@ kingdoman thanks hopefully next batch of approvals I should be among by GOD grace. Is been 22 months .Hopefully .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:08 am

@rajreading do not make multiple posts all over the forum. You are violating Board T&Cs and making unnecessary work for moderators to clean up after you.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:02 pm

pixie12 wrote:
Peace2804 wrote:I agree with KingdomMan, the next ceremony will be held in around August I guess so it's gonna happen soon.
I heard from somebody that there might be some changes to the naturalisation process and that a combination of history/language test(s) might be enforced.
In my opinion this is a good step mainly because honest applicants, who are engaged in their community and are part of the Irish life on a daily basis will have better chances of getting their approval as opposed to somebody who can't even write a simple sentence in English.
Oh when will they implement it? That's kinda rough for all future applicants. Another stage that you have to go through.
I have no idea when it's going to be implemented, this stage should be quick enough once the applicant has a good English and some decent level of history.

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 am

I have applied for citizenship since october 2014 but havent had a response yet,was asked to send addtional documents in january which i have done, i called today to enquire about my application and was told it has been submitted to the minister meanwhile i also emailed to find out status but was told by email that application being prepared for submission to the minister so which of the two should i believe based on experience from forum members

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:50 am

kofiasenji wrote:I have applied for citizenship since october 2014 but havent had a response yet,was asked to send addtional documents in january which i have done, i called today to enquire about my application and was told it has been submitted to the minister meanwhile i also emailed to find out status but was told by email that application being prepared for submission to the minister so which of the two should i believe based on experience from forum members
it could be either case, nevertheless that is good news because means that Minister will be deciding soon and you should hear it any day. Do not expect to be for the April ceremony, but the following one for sure

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:14 pm

kofiasenji wrote:I have applied for citizenship since october 2014 but havent had a response yet,was asked to send addtional documents in january which i have done, i called today to enquire about my application and was told it has been submitted to the minister meanwhile i also emailed to find out status but was told by email that application being prepared for submission to the minister so which of the two should i believe based on experience from forum members
Whats the basis of your application? And have u got any offences in the state? Driving? Or any other minor/major offences? As its been 2014. And what documents did they ask you?

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi everyone, does anyone know anybody with a long waiting time for Irish citizenship approval and how long. I am dying with anxiety right now as I applied in Sept 2014. Regretably, I had a traffic offence in 2008. I received a letter in July 2015 requesting me to provide proof that the fine was paid, which I sent to them in the same month. Every time I contact the INIS office for an update on my application, I receive the same email that my application is in the process of being submitted to the minister. :? :?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:41 pm

irisho wrote:Hi everyone, does anyone know anybody with a long waiting time for Irish citizenship approval and how long. I am dying with anxiety right now as I applied in Sept 2014. Regretably, I had a traffic offence in 2008. I received a letter in July 2015 requesting me to provide proof that the fine was paid, which I sent to them in the same month. Every time I contact the INIS office for an update on my application, I receive the same email that my application is in the process of being submitted to the minister. :? :?
Im no expert to this. But as what I've read from the previous post. It means they are not happy with your application. Making you wait is a form of punishment from them. It also depends on the extent of your offences. But in the end I know you'll get it. Dont know when exactly but you will get your approval. Maybe kingdom has a better insight than me. Goodluck to all of us waiting!xx
Last edited by pixie12 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:50 pm

pixie12 wrote:
irisho wrote:Hi everyone, does anyone know anybody with a long waiting time for Irish citizenship approval and how long. I am dying with anxiety right now as I applied in Sept 2014. Regretably, I had a traffic offence in 2008. I received a letter in July 2015 requesting me to provide proof that the fine was paid, which I sent to them in the same month. Every time I contact the INIS office for an update on my application, I receive the same email that my application is in the process of being submitted to the minister. :? :?
Im no expert to this. But as what I've read from the previous post. It means they are not happy with your application. Making you wait is a form of punishment from them. It also depends on the extent of your offences. But in the end I know you'll get it. Dont know when exactly but you will get your approval. Maybe kingdom have a better insight than me. Goodluck to all of us waiting!xx
Thanks pixie12 for your words of encouragement. I cant wait for the day.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:06 pm

@koffiasenji lol I remembered you longest time in this forum where have you been. Good to hear from you again. We are on the same boat I also applied in 2014. Finally I got a letter stating that my file has gone to the Minister that was about a month ago. :) am happy I just gain an employment today . Lets hope for the best. I hope we all get it this time.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 am

From 29th March 2016, if you are residing in the state, you must submit a copy of public service card when applying for first time passport application.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:05 am

brainy04 wrote:From 29th March 2016, if you are residing in the state, you must submit a copy of public service card when applying for first time passport application.
What is public service card?

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:05 am

The Public Services Card was introduced in 2012 to facilitate ease of access to public services. The Public Services Card is replacing the Social Services Card used to collect social welfare payments and the Free Travel Pass.

You can apply one by booking appointment online on www.mywelfare.ie

Face to face registration is required to register. You will need proof of adress and your passport.

As a result of this new requirement, first time applicant for afult passport will no longer need to supply a certified copy of driving licence or id card. It also dispenses with the current requirement for additional proof of name.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:37 am

brainy04 wrote:The Public Services Card was introduced in 2012 to facilitate ease of access to public services. The Public Services Card is replacing the Social Services Card used to collect social welfare payments and the Free Travel Pass.

You can apply one by booking appointment online on http://www.mywelfare.ie

Face to face registration is required to register. You will need proof of adress and your passport.

As a result of this new requirement, first time applicant for afult passport will no longer need to supply a certified copy of driving licence or id card. It also dispenses with the current requirement for additional proof of name.

Many thx for sharing the info

I will start the process for my wife and I today :-)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:41 am

brainy04 wrote:From 29th March 2016, if you are residing in the state, you must submit a copy of public service card when applying for first time passport application.
I think this is just for lost, stolen and damaged passport.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:44 am

From 29th March 2016, if you are resident in the State, you must submit a copy of your Public Services Card (PSC) if the passport which you are reporting as Lost, Stolen or Damaged was issued to you prior to 1st January 2005.

You are not required to submit a copy of your PSC if your passport was issued after 1st January 2005.

Adult applicants submitting a copy of their PSC will no longer need to supply a certified copy of documents such as their driving licence or student card for identification purposes. It also dispenses with the current requirement for additional proof of name.

Applicants who do not currently have a PSC can obtain one through a secure process of in-person registration via their local Department of Social Protection office. Details of relevant documents needed to complete the PSC registration process and an online appointment booking service are available via www.MyWelfare.ie

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:53 am

If you read in press release section on www.dfa.ie . It is clearly mentioned that first time adult passport application will be required to hold a PSC (public service card). It is also required for the application of lost, stolen and damaged passport. Other renewal applications are not affected. New measures has already taken place from 29 march 2016.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:55 am

You are welcome bro. Get it done before the ceremony.

jumanufer wrote:
brainy04 wrote:The Public Services Card was introduced in 2012 to facilitate ease of access to public services. The Public Services Card is replacing the Social Services Card used to collect social welfare payments and the Free Travel Pass.

You can apply one by booking appointment online on http://www.mywelfare.ie

Many thx for sharing the info

I will start the process for my wife and I today :-)

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:56 am

Hi All,
I got my PSC card last week. It arrived after a few days so it shouldn't take too long to receive it.
On the website they advise you to go to the nearest social services office to apply for your card, but there wasn't an appointment available for 3/4 weeks at my nearest social services office so I selected the office in city centre instead as there was lots of appointments available from the next day. There was no problem when I went in even though it was not my nearest office. I think they are just happy to get people in to do this as the assistant said it will eventually be necessary for every citizen to do this as it just links up all the systems, such as social welfare, tax etc all together.
The office at Gandon House PSC Centre, Amiens Street, Dublin 1 (near Connolly Train station, opposite Connolly Luas stop) has the most appointments available but there are other offices available if you cannot go there.
Here's a link to website with list of offices throughout the country.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PSC-Onli ... ntres.aspx
Go to mywelfare.ie and register on this site in order to book an appointment online.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:59 am

pixie12 wrote:
Yeah sorry my bad. Ive seen the info. Thanks brainy will definitely to this asap too.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi All,
I got my PSC card last week. It arrived after a few days so it shouldn't take too long to receive it.
On the website they advise you to go to the nearest social services office to apply for your card, but there wasn't an appointment available for 3/4 weeks at my nearest social services office so I selected the office in city centre instead as there was lots of appointments available from the next day. There was no problem when I went in even though it was not my nearest office. I think they are just happy to get people in to do this as the assistant said it will eventually be necessary for every citizen to do this as it just links up all the systems, such as social welfare, tax etc all together.
The office at Gandon House PSC Centre, Amiens Street, Dublin 1 (near Connolly Train station, opposite Connolly Luas stop) has the most appointments available but there are other offices available if you cannot go there.
Here's a link to website with list of offices throughout the country.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PSC-Onli ... ntres.aspx
Go to mywelfare.ie and register on this site in order to book an appointment online.

Same story for me. I live in country side so i had to trave 1 hour to get it done. Appointments were not available in my area. But in the end it is very easy process and takes only 5 mints. I got my psc card within 8 working days. Once you get the card remember you need to call on provided number and get it activated.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:03 pm

pixie12 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:
Yeah sorry my bad. Ive seen the info. Thanks brainy will definitely to this asap too.

No problem at all. Get it done before you dont get appointment. It might gets busy as the word spread out.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Yeah i did it online. And no apppointments available til May. Good thing u mentioned it as it is much better to have this sorted already. Thanks again Brainy. And sorry for the confusion.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 pm

pixie12 wrote:Yeah i did it online. And no apppointments available til May. Good thing u mentioned it as it is much better to have this sorted already. Thanks again Brainy. And sorry for the confusion.

Appointments are hard to get even now. I have no idea about dublin but in co kildare it is not available for few weeks in many places. With so many people going in 26th april ceremony, i would expect it to be busy. Hopefully everybody will get it done in time. Try to take appointment wherever is available. Thats the only way to get it soon.