ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tax Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malikasif
Newly Registered

ILR Tax Issue

Post by malikasif » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Good Afternoon,

My friend is going to send application ILR in next 10 days. He has completed his 5 years under Tier 1 - General.

He did request to the accountant where he was working with a company to sort out his self-employed accounts during Period of 2010-2011 when he initially applied for Tier-1 General.

Now my friend found that Accountant got money from him but did not Paid tax for self-employed and even company where he was working both have not paid tax and now Company is dissolved.

Is there any way we can pay tax (Self employed and dissolved company for the period of 2010-2011) before dispatch application after 10 days. Please suggest us expert opinion.

Either we wait to amend tax until objection from Home office or we amend before sending application.

Please provide me contact email or mobile number as well who can help us

noajthan

Re: ILR Tax Issue

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Contact and emails posted in public will be removed.

Inviting such contacts is simply inviting a bunch of 'unknown persons' to contact you offering various 'services' of unproven quality and with an unknown guarantee (or no guarantee) - all at a price.
Not recommended at all.

This is not a tax forum but you may safely receive some words of wisdom in public.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:37 am

Hi,

2 questions for you:

1) Why didn't your friend pay the tax himself after the accountant had filed his SA?

2) Didn't your friend not recieve any penalty and interest accrued letters all these years?

Regards

malikasif
Newly Registered

Post by malikasif » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 am

My friend did pay to accountant but he did not paid and ran away and my friend assume tax have been paid.

My friend did not receive any penalty and interest accrued letter because accountant did not mentioned self employed money in tax return. He just submit with zero amount.

Now the problem is my friend claim for the point for initial Tier 1 Visa and got approved. Now his new account got previous account details from HMRC and have been told no tax been paid.

Is there any way he can sort this before submit application in next 10 days.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:41 am

No. Not in 10 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:38 am

tg2016 wrote:Hi,

2 questions for you:

1) Why didn't your friend pay the tax himself after the accountant had filed his SA?

2) Didn't your friend not recieve any penalty and interest accrued letters all these years?

Regards
And did he not notice he had more money in the bank than he should have?

Seem to be an awful lot of poor quality accountants about to blame.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

malikasif
Newly Registered

Post by malikasif » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:45 am

hi,

Now my friend actually need legal advice.

Is it ok , if he submit tax ammendement for 2010-2011 and if home office reject visa , at least solictor can convey in front of Judge , we are in process to make payment or make full payment before appear to judge.

please suggest

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Well I cannot understand why your friend didn't even bother to check if the SA has been filed or not and most importantly why he didn't think about paying the tax himself as that is what needs to be done logically. I'm afraid he is now staring a a deep hole now and difficult to get out.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:49 pm

malikasif wrote:hi,

Is it ok , if he submit tax ammendement for 2010-2011 and if home office reject visa , at least solictor can convey in front of Judge , we are in process to make payment or make full payment before appear to judge.

please suggest
The friend can & should look elsewhere for a lawyer.
Suggest s/he spends some effort on this and makes the right choice.

We cannot recommend any legal professionals so start here:
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 pm

==========================================================================================
malikasif wrote:
hi,

please suggest
=======================================================================================
Due to these tax mismatches the probability of rejection is high also nobody can confirm you that your will get visa based upon " solictor conveying in front of Judge that you are in process to make payment or make full payment".

Its all your call now and depends how deep pockets you have

Ta
Honey

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:07 pm

...not forgetting interest and penalties on top of the arrears.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

malikasif
Newly Registered

Post by malikasif » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 pm

i just have asked my friend. He had appointment same day in 10 days which he cancelled today.

Now he still have 20 days plus send applicaiton by post via check will take 2 weeks and then biometrics.

technically he still have 2 months before home office check his record .

please suggest

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi

People are so innocent even spending 10 years in UK. How come you're friend gave cash amount to his Accountant to pay tax .

And now your friends are ready to pay again tax to HMRC and also employment tax and NI for those dissolved companies.

Why these things are do realised just submitting ILR application.

Sorry if I hurt you. Find that cheater Accountant grab him from neck and asked him for that money.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif