ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Partner - Question in online app [urgent]

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

exman
India

Tier 2 General Partner - Question in online app [urgent]

Post by exman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi,

I have got my Tier 2 general migrant visa approved and now my wife is applying for Tier 2 general partner visa from a different location. I have a confusion in the online application form -
I haven't yet moved to UK so what I should my wife fill in for the application question below:

What is the address where the main applicant works or studies?

Should it be my current employer which is sort of irrelevant for tier 2 general applicants?
Or should it be my future employer in UK (as per the CoS)?

Urgent input needed as wife needs to apply this week. Thanks!

srsw

Re: Tier 2 General Partner - Question in online app [urgent]

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm just answering from logical perspective (and I think you are thinking in the same way anyway)..

It should be your UK employer which is mentioned on your CoS. As your dependant, your partner's application needs to match with the details you provided in your visa application.

Anyway, if you are yet to start the job or reach UK, then you can always add a note in the application saying date of employment/job start is from so and so date..
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

exman
India

Re: Tier 2 General Partner - Question in online app [urgent]

Post by exman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks! That was my belief too. Also checked with a professional service in India. I will mention the address of the future employer in the application and note in the additional information section.