ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not able to decide which months salary to include.help urgen

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vajid
Newly Registered

Not able to decide which months salary to include.help urgen

Post by Vajid » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:12 am

Hi,

Iam planning to show my earnings from Nov-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07).Is it acceptable?

If i include only 11 months from Dec-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07) iam falling short of points

Iam excluding mar-07, since i didn't paid tax for this month.

Please advice me can i include mar-07 since ITR will not have the start and end dates for which tax was paid

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:45 am

Hi Vajid,

You need to submit payslips for 12 consecutive months out of the last 15 months.

I am afraid you cannot pick non-consecutive months for this.

In case you are not getting enough points for HSMP approval, then I would suggest wait till you cross the threshold, since the guidelines on this are quite clear and your case would be rejected.

Pardon me for being so direct, but I think at this time you do need some frank advice.

Regards

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:05 am

Is march not income earned from employmentbecause it is strange you didn't pay tax on it

rely

Re: Not able to decide which months salary to include.help u

Post by rely » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Refer guidelines.Previous Earnings:What time period should earnings cover?
Read :However ,we cannot consider the first six months xxxxxxxxxxx should be assessed.
It explains your query.
rely

Iam planning to show my earnings from Nov-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07).Is it acceptable?

If i include only 11 months from Dec-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07) iam falling short of points

Iam excluding mar-07, since i didn't paid tax for this month.

Please advice me can i include mar-07 since ITR will not have the start and end dates for which tax was paid[/quote]

Vajid
Newly Registered

Post by Vajid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:33 am

Hi rely,

I read the section Previous Earnings in hsmp1guidelines.pdf but no where i found "However ,we cannot consider the first six months ....."

Any how let me explain my problem clearly, please reply ASAP since iam falling short of time i need to apply before dec-31. If any thing wrong i will not apply

- till feb-07 i worked with X company
- from mar-07 iam working with Y company
- i got the sal for mar-07 thru cheque and it is not reflected as sal in bank statement, also i didn't paid tax for this month
- due to the above reason i want to remove mar-07 earning from calculation and consider only 11 months from Dec-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07)
- when i calculate for 11 months as stated above iam getting exactly 4300 pounds which is the lower limit for claiming 20 points, taken 80Rs/Pound (Same question i posted in this forum in another thread)

Q1) what will happen if currency value increases say 81Rs/Pound
Q2) What i have to do if i want to include mar-07 earnings in calculation?

rely

Post by rely » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:53 am

It is case workers manual pdf see PREVIOUS EARNINGS first page bottom four lines.
rely
Vajid wrote:Hi rely,

I read the section Previous Earnings in hsmp1guidelines.pdf but no where i found "However ,we cannot consider the first six months ....."

Any how let me explain my problem clearly, please reply ASAP since iam falling short of time i need to apply before dec-31. If any thing wrong i will not apply

- till feb-07 i worked with X company
- from mar-07 iam working with Y company
- i got the sal for mar-07 thru cheque and it is not reflected as sal in bank statement, also i didn't paid tax for this month
- due to the above reason i want to remove mar-07 earning from calculation and consider only 11 months from Dec-06 to Nov-07(excluding mar-07)
- when i calculate for 11 months as stated above iam getting exactly 4300 pounds which is the lower limit for claiming 20 points, taken 80Rs/Pound (Same question i posted in this forum in another thread)

Q1) what will happen if currency value increases say 81Rs/Pound
Q2) What i have to do if i want to include mar-07 earnings in calculation?

Vajid
Newly Registered

Post by Vajid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:44 am

Iam not able to get this pdf, it seems tobe the document is removed from this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/.

If u have the latest pdf please send it to vajid1960@yahoo.co.in or give me the link.

Q2) What i have to do if i want to include mar-07 earnings in calculation in my case.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:52 am

Vajid wrote:Iam not able to get this pdf, it seems tobe the document is removed from this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/.

If u have the latest pdf please send it to vajid1960@yahoo.co.in or give me the link.

Q2) What i have to do if i want to include mar-07 earnings in calculation in my case.
Cant help someone who won't help themself. I asked what is up with March that you don't feel you can't include it, what is the income exactly and you keep saying your question so good luck to you

Vajid
Newly Registered

Post by Vajid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:15 am

Please see my second post in the same thread

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:36 am

Vajid wrote:Please see my second post in the same thread
Indeed and I wasn't clear either. If I was a case worker I wouldn't believe it is salary unless you provide a contract showing March is included, explain why you were paid in a check versus paid directly to your account like your other payments. It is irrelevant if you didn't pay tax (yet) if it is indeed part of your salary. It just looks bad because it makes it look like you are trying to not pay tax so you are beginning to lose credibility.
If you read the guidance, you would know that the exchange rate is based on the what it is on your last payment so it is irrelevant that the exchange rate fluctuates.

and at the end of the day, you dont have much of a choice, if you want to earn the required points unless you can find the points somewhere else other than salary

hsmpseek

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:35 am

Do following:

- Get Salary slips from your X employer as well as bank statements.

- Get Salary letter from your Y employer stating gross and net salary on company letter head.

Attach a Income Tax Return but state that it does not cover the whole claimed period.

Go to following link and refer to Q39:
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... p_faq.html

Fill that template used for stating previous incomes properly and state your points in clear language in remarks.

I dont know why you are worried about Mar-07 just because you have not paid tax for it.

STUDY the Guidance Notes, FAQ's very well.. Also have a look at the application form. Everything is written very well and in clear language and it also tell you what alternate proof to attach in absence of one.. Dont panic.

Let me know if you have any more doubt..

HSMP Seek

Vajid
Newly Registered

Post by Vajid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:41 am

Hi Syh,

Thanks for the sentence "It is irrelevant if you didn't pay tax (yet) if it is indeed part of your salary".

- If mode of payment is mentioned as cheque in salary slip will this evidence is sufficient for case worker or else the cheque number also should be included in salary slip(bank statement will also reflect the same cheque number)

- I read some where that if salary is paid thru cheque then in this case atleast this salary should be included in ITR calculation(since it is not reflected as salary in bank statment)

- One Question strikes me. It is mentioned in guidelines that if ITR doesn't cover the entire period claimed then we need to submit the following docs
a) ITR(For the partial period), payslips
b) Bank statement or letter from employer for the period not covered in ITR

It is mentioned that they want two forms of evidence(ITR,payslips) because they can deduce one from the other( i hope they will add total gross for 12 months and it should be equal to gross in ITR)

What is the use of ITR here in this case, since the gross income in ITR will definitely willn't match the total gross income for partial period

Vajid
Newly Registered

Post by Vajid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:19 pm

hsmpseek,

Iam having all the payslips from X employer and bank statement for the same
Also ITR till Feb-07.
All the payslips from Y employer and bank statement for the same(Bank statement is not reflecting as salary for mar-07 since it is paid thru cheque)

But i didn't understand salary letter from Y employer what is this?

hsmpseek

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Vajid,

I would advise you to study the application form(Q36) and guidance notes.
Go throught the application form. Try to fill it up as per your case.

Then and only then come up with list of your questions.. it will save your time..

HSMP Seek
Vajid wrote:hsmpseek,

Iam having all the payslips from X employer and bank statement for the same
Also ITR till Feb-07.
All the payslips from Y employer and bank statement for the same(Bank statement is not reflecting as salary for mar-07 since it is paid thru cheque)

But i didn't understand salary letter from Y employer what is this?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:38 pm

hsmpseek wrote: Then and only then come up with list of your questions.. it will save your time..More so, it will save us from getting a headache.