ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Help for Supporting Documents - Section 1(3)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

MN1 Form Help for Supporting Documents - Section 1(3)

Post by imranrafeeq » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

I am filling the MN1 Form of application for my sons, who were born in UK and according to
Section 1 (3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and
were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when
their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.

they are eligible for BC. Whilst filling the form is quite a puzzle to be honest hence I decided to write a new topic for this.

Do I need to fill the section 2 - Residence Requirements for the 10 months old kids?

Do we need to fill the Section 3 - parents' residence in the Uk or the British Overseas territories, where applicable? (See pages 9 of the guide). The guide on page 9 is explaining the section 3(2) and Section 3(5).However I am not applying under this category/Section.

Who else might be the referees if we could not get hold of the health visitor for professional referee?
And does it has to be two referees for this application?

Lastly what supporting documents do I need to send. I believe
i) Original Birth Certificate
ii) His Passport(If available)
iii) Parent's Marriage Certificate

as per the guide notes on Page 28 and 29. But do I need to send any other documents as well such as My(Parents) ILR BRP, Passport etc.

Please help.

Regards
Imran

noajthan

Re: MN1 Form Help for Supporting Documents - Section 1(3)

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:09 pm

imranrafeeq wrote:Hi,

I am filling the MN1 Form of application for my sons, who were born in UK and according to
Section 1 (3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and
were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when
their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.

they are eligible for BC. Whilst filling the form is quite a puzzle to be honest hence I decided to write a new topic for this.

Do I need to fill the section 2 - Residence Requirements for the 10 months old kids?

Do we need to fill the Section 3 - parents' residence in the Uk or the British Overseas territories, where applicable? (See pages 9 of the guide). The guide on page 9 is explaining the section 3(2) and Section 3(5).However I am not applying under this category/Section.

Who else might be the referees if we could not get hold of the health visitor for professional referee?
And does it has to be two referees for this application?

Lastly what supporting documents do I need to send. I believe
i) Original Birth Certificate
ii) His Passport(If available)
iii) Parent's Marriage Certificate

as per the guide notes on Page 28 and 29. But do I need to send any other documents as well such as My(Parents) ILR BRP, Passport etc.

Please help.

Regards
Imran
Section 2 - yes (as appropriate)

Section 3 - no

See approved list of professionals for possible referees.

Yes, 2 referees.

Yes suggest send your passport, id/BRP to prove you are settled parent - that is the crux of the application :!:

Also required:
Payment form
Fee
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Section 2 - yes (as appropriate)

Section 3 - no

See approved list of professionals for possible referees.

Yes, 2 referees.

Yes suggest send your passport, id/BRP to prove you are settled parent - that is the crux of the application :!:

Also required:
Payment form
Fee
I was under the impression that children born in the Uk registering under section 1(3) did NOT need to meet any residence requirements....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Chinho2k wrote:I was under the impression that children born in the Uk registering under section 1(3) did NOT need to meet any residence requirements....
I did not confirm or deny such an applicant has to meet residency.

It is ofcourse a generic form used for many purposes & types of application, (all with different circumstances).
The caseworker is at liberty to use or discard any/all of the information you provide, as per their rules & procedures, and as per the relevant section of BNA.

You will note the form does not say: Do not complete Section 2 for a section 1(3) application.

To avoid possible delays & follow ups from HO your job here is to complete the form as per guidance, (not just the bits of it that you think apply).

Within Section 2
2.1 obviously doesn't apply.
2.2 - 2.4 are very straightforward to answer; whether or not the child has been abroad s/he clearly lives somewhere.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi,

Should I be send/post the original documents such as Passport and BRP or can I send attested photo copies.

Regards
Imran