ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council housing CTC WTC

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hello 27

council housing CTC WTC

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 pm

I am on ILR ,working full time.I applied FLR M application for my dependents. Currently ,I am receiving child benefit in my name. After sending FLR M application , I applied for council housing and child & working tax credit. I want to get knowledge that council housing and CTC & WTC applications can cause any problem to FLR M application to home office?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: council housing CTC WTC

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:31 pm

CTC & WTC claims MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.

Council housing?? Do you mean housing benefit??

Children born in UK or abroad? What is their visa status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Child benefit must be claimed in your name only, CTC & WTC in joint names. Are you referring to an application for Council housing or Council housing benefit?

Edit: Beaten by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks CR001 and CASSA for your reply.

I submitted FLR m application for my kids and wife and they all born outside UK and current visa status is Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

I register myself online in my local council to get council house or housing association accommodation. My current accommodation will be demolished in few months time as my landlord ready to give me notice to leave the property. Is there any possibility that council will inform home office that my family is looking for council house as soon as I declare myself homeless?.

I also applied CTC & WTC only in my name and just mentioned wife detail.

Above two things can cause visa problem for my dependents in future?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 am

There is a very long waiting list for council housing or housing association. Some people have waited years on the list and are still waiting.

If the council helps you, it will likely only be temporary accommodation (B&B or hostel etc).

Tax credits must be in joint names. Mentioning your wife is not sufficient.

Do you meet the financial requirement for FLR(M) for spouse and 2 children?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 am

Hi CR001

I applied FLR M after meeting financial requirement.

The council list is long and in that period of time dependents will get ILR. In few months time, I will be homeless and it is likely that council provides me accommodation after giving them eviction notice. If I get accommodation then what will be the impact on my family flr m application.

I mentioned wife detail in CTC & WTC as she is not recourse to public fund and she comes in immigration control but not me.

Hosing CTC & WTC can adversely effect my dependents FLR M application?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 am

it is likely that council provides me accommodation after giving them eviction notice
Unlikely that you will get the type of accommodation that you think you will.

Even though your wife has no recourse to public funds, you have to claim tax credits in joint names. It will have no effect on her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)