ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application - supporting documents

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashwini_k

OCI Application - supporting documents

Post by ashwini_k » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 pm

I will be applying for my OCI application after receiving my UK naturalisation. I have also recently applied and received my surrender certificate.

The VFS website mentions birth certificate in the list of supporting documents and I do not have my birth certificate with me. Is this a mandatory document required for the application?

I would appreciate if you could let me know.

alien.uk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: OCI Application - supporting documents

Post by alien.uk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Almost in the same situation as you but possibly 3 more weeks to get my passport.
I also don't have any of the certificates mentioned in the VFS

Domicile
Birth
School leaving
Names on the Land document

Enquired a friend who applied in London last month. He didn't provide these documents it seems.

Strange contradiction, I am going to speak to him today, If I get more information , I will post here,.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

ashwini_k

Re: OCI Application - supporting documents

Post by ashwini_k » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks!

I spoke to a couple of friends and they have not provided the birth certificate. It seems the vfs have said that if you include the surrender certificate then birth certificate not required. Which makes sense, since the Indian passport had DOB and place. But leave it to Indian high commission to make each form/interaction, which should not be very complex, complex. Must be some sadistic Babu sitting at his desk drinking chai and thinking of ways to make life more complicated for normal ppl. :oops: