ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to HSMP from Work Permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robdylan

Switching to HSMP from Work Permit

Post by robdylan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi guys

Great site this - lots of useful advice.

I've been in the UK for 7 months now on a Work Permit and am investigating switching to HSMP, mainly due to the fact that even a change of position with my current employer is not straightforward on the WP.

Anybody have any experiences to share in terms of going down this route? I've done all the online appraisals and I shouldn't have any issues qualfying under the points system. How smooth should I expect this process to be? How long should it take? If (for whatever reason) my application is turned down, will this have any effect on my current Work Permit or LTR? Also, will my family members and I need to apply for new EC visas on acceptance? If so, can this be done from within the UK?

Thanks in advance
Rob

hsmpseek

Re: Switching to HSMP from Work Permit

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Find comments in-line.
I would advise to visit forums only after reading HSMP guidance notes and mock filling up HSMP application form. Be prepared with everything from your side after reading those docs and then clarify queries in forums..
robdylan wrote:Hi guys

Great site this - lots of useful advice.

I've been in the UK for 7 months now on a Work Permit and am investigating switching to HSMP, mainly due to the fact that even a change of position with my current employer is not straightforward on the WP.

Anybody have any experiences to share in terms of going down this route? I've done all the online appraisals and I shouldn't have any issues qualfying under the points system. How smooth should I expect this process to be?
Process is smooth if your case is transparent and you are able to gather all evidences at ease. You said you are in UK since 7 months.. You will have to gather earning details for CONSECUTIVE 12 months withing last 15
How long should it take? 7-8 working days after applying. again, if case is easy to assess, in-country application and company yuo are working for is reputedIf (for whatever reason) my application is turned down, will this have any effect on my current Work Permit or LTR? NO Also, will my family members and I need to apply for new EC visas on acceptance? If so, can this be done from within the UK? Yes. All possible within UK

Thanks in advance
Rob

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Thanks, HSMPSeek

My company is generally considered reputable (well, as reputable as any multinational software company can really be!) and I would use a firm of attorneys to submit the application on my behalf. Just for interest, though, where would I find examples of the forms I would need to fill in?

Based on your question about salary, I am coming to the conclusion that it would be better for me to complete a year on my current status, so that I have a full year's worth of UK earnings that I can show?

hsmpseek

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Rob,

You can download forms from here. http://workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in ... forms.html

You can wait to complete 12 months of employment in the UK and are very confident of your skills and salary. But immigration rules may get revised/changed in 1st quarter of 2008.

If your case is straight then you are unnecessarily spending money on the firm. HSMP is complex only if one is not ready learn the procedure and take efforts.

HSMP Seek

robdylan wrote:Thanks, HSMPSeek

My company is generally considered reputable (well, as reputable as any multinational software company can really be!) and I would use a firm of attorneys to submit the application on my behalf. Just for interest, though, where would I find examples of the forms I would need to fill in?

Based on your question about salary, I am coming to the conclusion that it would be better for me to complete a year on my current status, so that I have a full year's worth of UK earnings that I can show?