ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my naturalisation approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonStrawberry

Got my naturalisation approval letter

Post by LondonStrawberry » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi,
I am so thankful to admins, moderators, and members of this forum who always helped me during my all visa, ILR and naturalisation processes.
Last Saturday I received my approval letter of naturalisation from HO. Letter dated: 26 march 2016.
This monday on 4th april 2016 I contacted my council to book my ceremony, which would b on the last day of this month because they did not have any place before that.
Approval letter stated that I have to contact my council for ceremony arrangements within 21 days of this letter. (I already have booked the ceremony)
My question is that Does this statement mean that I only have to book my ceremony within 21 days of the approval letter or I also have to attend ceremony within these 21 days to receive my certificate?
Can someone please guide?

Kind Regards,
AS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got my naturalisation approval letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm

You have to BOOK your ceremony within 21 days. You have to ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days of the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonStrawberry

Re: Got my naturalisation approval letter

Post by LondonStrawberry » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:08 pm

CR001 wrote:You have to BOOK your ceremony within 21 days. You have to ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days of the approval letter.
Thank you so much for clearing my confusion.

Regards,
AS