ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No response

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anndeep

No response

Post by Anndeep » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am

I submitted my application on 22 March via NCS and application was received on 22 March.

Since then I haven't heard at all and neither has the fee been deducted.

Should I be worried?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No response

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 am

Suggest you wait patiently. It has only been 8 working days. Remember Easter was in between and HO are likely dealing with a huge number of applications submitted before the fee increase on 18th March.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 am

Many thanks. A relief to hear this.

KPK
Newly Registered

Post by KPK » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:49 am

My wife applied via NCS and Liverpool received the application on 14th March and the fee has still not been deducted so I wouldn't panic just yet.

ozpoppy
Newly Registered

Post by ozpoppy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:24 am

I applied via form UKM and it was received this Monday (04/04). I'm not worried at all that the fee hasn't yet been taken. However, I was just wondering if anyone can advise if there is any relationship between the fee being taken and the application being processed? i.e. does having the fee taken indicate your application has 'progressed'?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:14 am

It seems the payments are taken in batches, and I'm sure my NCS advisor told me it can take up to six weeks. Don't forget we've just had the Easter long weekend, and also an influx of last minute applications to avoid the fee increase which happened mid March, as well as the overall increase in the run up to the referendum. No doubt HO have a large backlog to clear.

Your application doesn't even begin to get considered until after you have enrolled biometric information.

The timeline is basically:

- HO receives application
- Payment is processed and acknowledgement/biometric letter sent out around the same time (normally after 2/3 weeks or so)
- Once HO is notified of successful biometric enrolment, the application is passed to a caseworker and the main process actually begins
Last edited by ohara on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozpoppy
Newly Registered

Post by ozpoppy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:24 am

Thanks ohara :)

Just shows I should have gotten around to applying earlier. In my case I could have applied any time over the last few years since the law changed. Still, I'm lucky in that I'm in no rush :D

KPK
Newly Registered

Post by KPK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Fees deducted today.

tripping

Post by tripping » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:58 pm

ozpoppy wrote:Thanks ohara :)

Just shows I should have gotten around to applying earlier. In my case I could have applied any time over the last few years since the law changed. Still, I'm lucky in that I'm in no rush :D
Ah dont sweat it. My colleague from New Zealand only just decided to get the BC after having resided in UK for 15 years - his wife is British, kids were born British. So instead of a shoo in application without the current rules with payment of maybe a couple of hundred pounds if he did it years ago, now hes kicking himself for having to shell out £1236. Thats the cost of a return flight to New Zealand over Christmas :roll:

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:58 am

Don't worry about it, I've had plenty of time to sort my own out, I was eligible for MN1 registration under sections 3(2) and 3(5) for most of my child life, and eligible for adult naturalisation since 2013 but I've only just got around to applying. Even 3 years ago it was much cheaper (around £700 I think) than now :roll: