ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we claim child benefit on 30 months leave to remain

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyhoney666

Can we claim child benefit on 30 months leave to remain

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi
Just wanted to find out if we can claim child benefit for our children as me and my wife and not entitle to get any public funds. we have 3 children all were born in the uk and aged 11, 9, and 7

First child is British citizen 11 years
2nd and 3rd children both were born in the UK aged 9 and 7

Me my wife and 2nd and 3rd child on 30 months leave to remain and on BRP mentioned No resources on public funds

Please advise are we entitle to apply for 2 children? if we do so, does it effect on our extention?
thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can we claim child benefit on 30 months leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:49 pm

No, if your visa says 'no recourse to public funds' then you cannot. Child benefit is a public fund.

What is the visa you are on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunnyhoney666

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:25 am

Hi again
thanks for reply

me my wife and 2 children are on 30 months leave to remain and 1 elder child is 11 and British citizen.
Can we claim for British child? does it effect on our extention?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:17 am

No, you cannot claim, you are not entitled to claim. It is a parent that claims, not a child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:57 am

What is your nationality? Do you have any settled/British relatives and have you been given leave to remain under human rights grounds?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:58 pm

CR001 wrote:No, you cannot claim, you are not entitled to claim. It is a parent that claims, not a child.
What happens if the child and mother are on a 30 month visa(no recourse to public funds) and the father is a British citizen who is claiming the child benefit? Will the application of mother and children for extension of their leave would be refused for that?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Raj5 wrote:
CR001 wrote:No, you cannot claim, you are not entitled to claim. It is a parent that claims, not a child.
What happens if the child and mother are on a 30 month visa(no recourse to public funds) and the father is a British citizen who is claiming the child benefit? Will the application of mother and children for extension of their leave would be refused for that?
You've already had that answered for you in your other thread. The father must claim in his name only.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Thank you the prompt reply.