ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Change of employer

Post by twcbbr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 am

Hi All,

Recently i have changed my employer under tier 2 general. It would be great if anyone can clear my doubts:
1.I heard that we need to apply for unrestricted cos if we are applying from within UK. How can we know that by looking cos whether it is unrestricted or restricted. As I have changed my sponsor from UK i should have applied for unrestricted cos. My new BRP card says "Restricted". Does this mean i have applied visa using restricted COS? Is there any problem?

2. I haven't got any maintenance letter from my employer. I haven't submitted my bank statement for visa application as well. My visa application was successful and got BRP card as well. Do I need maintenance letter? Will be there any problem during immigration while coming back to UK?

bholo

Re: Tier 2 General Change of employer

Post by bholo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:13 pm

My visa also says restricted which means there are restrictions on work like your visa is tied to your employer and this has nothing to do with your cos being restricted as it is unrestricted and everyone who has tier 2 has restricted right to work and can't change jobs freely without appropriate process like rlmt sponsorship etc

If you are already on tier 2 then maintenance is exempt and I didn't submitted at time of my extension and all was fine and same goes for your degree or English language all you need is passport and Brp and one photograph and the new health surcharge number.

Good luck

bholo

Post by bholo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:17 pm

Restricted means your right to work is restricted and doesn't means that your cos is restricted

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Post by twcbbr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Thank you for clarifying.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 pm

deleted

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Post by twcbbr » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi Manci,

Do you want to add anything ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:17 pm

twcbbr wrote:Hi Manci,

Do you want to add anything ?
Manci clearly typed something and then deleted it. If he wanted to add something, I am sure he would have.

Your query has been answered though unless you have another question you wish to ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.