ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamespanda
Newly Registered

BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION

Post by jamespanda » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:44 pm

hello i apply for british passport after neutralisation than i had interview on 6th april 2016.i manage to answer 8 10 question properly than i couldn't understand the question because my english is not very good so he stop the interview and gave me the letter saying you need interpreter to continue with the interview so you will receive call in 2 3 days for re arranging the second interview with interpater but i haven't received the call so i am just worried.anyone had same situation like me

please all moderater and readers help me :idea: :idea: :idea:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:52 pm

You had the interview on the 6th. Today is only the 8th, not even 2 full days since your interview. Suggest wait till early next week for a call.

What questions were you struggling with?

The questions they ask are not trick questions and are only things that you should now.

How did you prove your English for citizenship application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamespanda
Newly Registered

Post by jamespanda » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for reply
As per my understanding ,last question was where you working?? so i replied and he ask me same question again and i reply the same than after he said you need an interpreter.i am an self employee so when i apply i was working some where else and currently i am working somewhere else.i passed the level 3 exam but i am not confident in speaking english yet so i don't understand what went wrong?? :( :( :(

tripping

Post by tripping » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Possibly the interviewer expected you to say you are self employed as part of your reply. Your reply that you were working somewhere previously and you are working somewhere different now, I would presume he/she wanted a bit more detail. And from your replies he/she might have deduced your spoken English due maybe to nerves and your struggle with English may be reason for you to seek an interpreter. I wouldnt worry about it too much, I think if it helps with your confidence in the next interview, get an interpreter. Not sure how this part works, so hopefully other experts can help. If it helps, your post in English so far is fine. Keep calm and relax in your next interview, you be fine mate.

jamespanda
Newly Registered

Post by jamespanda » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:01 pm

thanks for the kind words but is there any chances it can be problem in my passport application because of the failure in interview? :idea: :idea:

tripping

Post by tripping » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:50 pm

jamespanda wrote:thanks for the kind words but is there any chances it can be problem in my passport application because of the failure in interview? :idea: :idea:
Its your call, but might be a good idea to follow the interviewer's advice to have an interpreter with you for the next interview, that way, you are less likely to be nervous, and you can answer more confidently in your native language. Just hope the interpreter is proficient that is all.

The questions they ask you - only you should know the answers to, so cant see why there should be any problems. Might be a good idea to have practice answering common questions with someone just to get a feel of the interview. I think there might be a couple of posts here about interview questions. Just be calm and not "jittery".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamespanda
Newly Registered

Post by jamespanda » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:01 pm

thanks for your support guys.Now i am waiting for call for second interview .do anyone have problem in interview because of interpreter? :idea: :idea: