ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name of the spouse in Approval Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KV

Name of the spouse in Approval Letter

Post by KV » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:31 am

Hi all. My HSMP approval letter does not state anything about my spouse's status... Do i have to take it for granted that my spouse has also been approved (I had claimed for spouse's points and showed evidences of more than 2 years of marriage).

Do i specifically need to clarify this with Home office?

Regards,

KV

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:59 am

HSMP application and approval was made for you and no one else. Your spouse will get EC as your dependent. There is nothing to clarify with the Ho.

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:24 pm

Pls. ensure when gettin' the LTR that they do not stamp : "Without recourse to public funds and marital bliss"

:P

Good luck, KV.
Do share yr experiences with the board.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

lightbringer

this is my concern too

Post by lightbringer » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:56 am

Hi, guys...
The point you raised is interesting to me. Cause there is one thing, I have claimed the points for my skilled partner, but we've been living together as unmarried couple and found it rather attractive. But as you said, they do not mention your spause in the approval letter. Then how can I prove to British Embassy that my wife will accompany me as dependant if there is no marriage certificate and all. Have anyone been in such situation before?
I need this to be aswered a.s.a.p because the time is running out and actually we do not really want to get married. But I would like to know if there is some serious reason to do so. How the fact of being unmarried can affect EC and other aspects when come to UK?

Thank you.

Sher

Post by Sher » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:29 pm

'Unmarried' status cannot in any way hamper yr entire 4 year HSMP process. The Home Office certainly recognises an unmarried, skilled partner for points and co-habitation.

For proof details, please read the HSMP guidance here:
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... _mar04.pdf
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: