ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation using PPRON method

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jojuuu
Newly Registered

Naturalisation using PPRON method

Post by jojuuu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi guys, I need to know whether I can use PPRON method for naturalisation? and a question abt ILR applciation.
My brief immigration history is as follows;

I entered Britain in Jan 2002 as a student from a non-EU country and have studied and lived here in Brtain since then. In 2005 I got married with a British Citizen and was given a Spouse Visa in March 2006. Now I am due to apply for ILR in March 2008, I have passed the Life in the UK test and me and my wife have been working full-time since we got married. Please note that we meet all the requirments set for applying for Indefinite leave to remain in UK.

Question 1) Could some body comment on whether I can use PPRN method for Naturalisation? Becuase I find it quick and cheap :)
Question 2) If I apply for ILR at home office, do I need to mention a traffic offence I committed 2 years ago which involved driving a car without license and insurance. I was fined for this and sentenced with 8 weeks of disqualification from driving. Will it effect my ILR application?

|thanks|

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:39 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. I really don't think you shoudl use the Ppron method. Do appreciate that it does not give you another visa, and the problem is that even if you submit the Naturalisation in say Dublin (or anywhere) in January there is no guarantee that you would be a British Citizen by March 2008. Not applying for a visa would cause you to become an overstayer ... not a good idea .... it would give BIA a good excuse to reject the Naturalisation application.
  2. Have you examined the form SET(M)? You clearly need to examine that form in detail.
Finally, you got married in 2005, and got a spouse visa in March 2006. Did you delay submitting the application for the spouse visa? It would have made sense to make that application immediately after the marriage.
John