ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh786786

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by farrukh786786 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:52 pm

MGH wrote:
farrukh786786 wrote:Salam MGH brother,Could you please tell me did Home Office ask you about your recent payslips?
Can I quit my job as I have to go to Pakistan to see my wife ,really in a bad condition.
Home Office's official page says
"even if you win your appeal,HO may reconsider your ENTIRE application before issuing a visa.What's your experience about this ? Do you still continue your job meeting threshold or not" ?

@binubinu thankyou for your duas sister ,I'm really suffering a lot and in a terrible condition.
Wasalaam, only the reasons for refusal were discussed in court, ideally you should continue employment until visa is granted, God forbid if you don't win appeal, you will not be in a position to reapply, yes I am still working and above the threshold
Thank you for your prompt response.Actually I have to go for few months or may be stay would be longer as my wife is in hospital. Don't know what will be going to happen in future now as my circumstances will going to be change ,I'm afraid if I win my appeal but after that HO might ask for recent payslips.
Did you hear anything similar when one won his appeal but after that HO ask for recent payslips,in court judge never asks about it ,its HO that makes hurdles even after wining the appeal.
How HO thinks to continue an employment for years and years/Circumstances chances with time.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:02 pm

There was a forum member who won the appeal but the decision was challenged by the HO, they haven't posted recently, it was still only the original refusal reasons not asked for any recent payslips, I think they are waiting to see if the HO is granted permission to appeal to the upper tribunal. :roll:

Beena

Post by Beena » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:24 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:
MGH wrote:
farrukh786786 wrote:Salam MGH brother,Could you please tell me did Home Office ask you about your recent payslips?
Can I quit my job as I have to go to Pakistan to see my wife ,really in a bad condition.
"even if you win your appeal,HO may reconsider your ENTIRE application before issuing a visa.What's your experience about this ? Do you still continue your job meeting threshold or not" ?

@binubinu thankyou for your duas sister ,I'm really suffering a lot and in a terrible condition.
Wasalaam, only the reasons for refusal were discussed in court, ideally you should continue employment until visa is granted, God forbid if you don't win appeal, you will not be in a position to reapply, yes I am still working and above the threshold
Thank you for your prompt response.Actually I have to go for few months or may be stay would be longer as my wife is in hospital. Don't know what will be going to happen in future now as my circumstances will goi to be change ,I'm afraid if I win my appeal but after that HO might ask for recent payslips.
Did you hear anything similar when one won his appeal but after that HO ask for recent payslips,in court judge never asks about it ,its HO that makes hurdles even after wining the appeal.
How HO thinks to continue an employment for years and years/Circumstances chances with time.

They're only allowed to talk about issues that were picked up at the time of applying, i.e your circumstances at the time you applied.. I've never come across a case where they asked for payslips or bank statements etc.. They can only go by what the circumstances were at the time you applied.. I'm sure they won't ask. Just don't mention it and you should be fine.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:35 am

Salam

When I went to my court hearing i was working part time as i was on maternity leave, plus day after hearing i was made redundant they dont ask for recent pay slips just explanation if ur refusal was based on financial requirements

I was only working 18 hrs and earning £8000 per year so definitely they don't check ur employers to see if ur working, just as long as ur not claiming any benefits
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

Beena

Post by Beena » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:43 am

2011maryam wrote:

Salam

When I went to my court hearing i was working part time as i was on maternity leave, plus day after hearing i was made redundant they dont ask for recent pay slips just explanation if ur refusal was based on financial requirements

I was only working 18 hrs and earning £8000 per year so definitely they don't check ur employers to see if ur working, just as long as ur not claiming any benefits

Why were you refused hun? And what sort of questions do they ask?
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Beena wrote:
2011maryam wrote:

Salam

Why were you refused hun? And what sort of questions do they ask?
Financial requirements incorrect amounts on wageslips and hubby was already in uk and was a overstayer

Beena

Post by Beena » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Financial requirements incorrect amounts on wageslips and hubby was already in uk and was a overstayer[/quote]

Were the amounts different on the bank statement and the payslips or was it just that you got paid less 1 time and had the remaining put in?
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Salaam, I am deeply saddened about your situation. I am and will keep remembering you and everyone else here in my duas, but don't forget that whatever adversity Allah puts upon us is only for our own good. Let me tell you a story, a man was rushing to get to an airport so he doesn't miss a very important flight, but there was so much traffic, which made him impatient and angry. He kept making dua to reach his flight but unfortunately he missed it. On his drive back home, he heard on the radio that the flight he had intended to fly on had crashed with 0 survivors. I know it may seem like you and others on this forum are making endless duas but please have patience and don't lose hope in what Allah has planned for you, for He is the best of planners.

I hope your wife gets well soon in sha Allah and I will continue making dua for you.
2nd Visa Application: 23/04/2015
Visa Refused: 07/09/2015
Appealed Lodged: 30/09/2015
Review Deadline: 15/02/2016
Review Overturned: 22/02/2016
Call in letter received via email: 21/03/2016
Passport submitted to VAC Islamabad: 07/04/2016

waseemiqbal

Post by waseemiqbal » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 am

Beena wrote:
prince212 wrote:My brother in law in Pakistan has had his spouse visa refused and we have submitted an appeal, I was just wanting to know how long will it take for a court hearing date? His wife is in the UK and he has a child with her, but they do not believe it is a genuine relationship.

The refusal was under rule EC-P.1.1(d)
Married four years so they wanted more contact to be shown, wanted more evidence, they have itemised phone calls and speak every day for 30 mins to 1 hour, photos etc, but I think they wanted more evidence from previous years.
They have a child together and she has been back to Pakistan twice to visit her husband during the last 4 years.
Also when my brother in laws wife was not working when his uncle who had previously sponsored him to the UK as a visitor ( been twice to the UK and returned to Pakistan)sponsored him again, it was refused and they said his wife should have sponsored him. She was not working at that point in time and had a small child. In the visitor application it did mention he will be going to see his wife and child, but they ignored this.
The visitor application was refused, due to tax office in Pakistan not confirming tax paid, and they said this was fraud.
This was also mentioned in the refusal, however as I understand that previous visitor applications do not have anything to do with spouse visa applications.

Visa application submitted in Pakistan - April 2015
Visa Refused - September 2015
Visa Appealed via a solicitor - 5/10.2015
Notice of Pending appeal received (with date of 22/02/2016 after which the tribunal will write to us)- 9/11/2015

Should I contact my MP? Thanks for your help guys
You're right, they have no real reason to have refused.. When your hearing date comes along just make sure you have more proof of contact and with regards to the visitor app fraud, that really has nothing to do with the settlement case! You can even just say that has nothing to do with her as it was the uncle sponsoring. You guys should be fine inshaAllah.. Mp can't really do much tbh, it's a waste of time getting them involved as they have no influence over immigration matters.. You could ask them to ask for an update, if it means much. Unfortunately you have a long wait.. For deadlines of February, I reckon our hearing dates will be in Dec/Jan 2017.
i want to know Beena that your review was not successful? how you know it? did that send you mail? or any letter?
as my deadline is 11 may

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 am

Anyone with April deadlines
Got any decision..?

confusedd_786

Post by confusedd_786 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:26 pm

zeksy1 wrote:Anyone with April deadlines
Got any decision..?

Still no mail reply ??

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Yeh i email them today and morons replied me That we will review ua case but we have alot of appeals at the moment so unfortunately it will not be by That date.
So That is the reply. And unfortunately i cant do anythin without waitin.
Did u get any reply..?

confusedd_786

Post by confusedd_786 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 pm

zeksy1 wrote:Yeh i email them today and morons replied me That we will review ua case but we have alot of appeals at the moment so unfortunately it will not be by That date.
So That is the reply. And unfortunately i cant do anythin without waitin.
Did u get any reply..?

No im still up with nov one reply

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:35 am

Hi all,

To remind you I submitted the passport on 11/03/2016.

I emailed yesterday to UKVI and got a reply back saying we don't have a current update. this could be because your application was submitted recently or the details you provided are incorrect....

Anyone else got a reply like this?

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:38 am

sam123456 wrote:Hi all,

I emailed yesterday to UKVI and got a reply back saying we don't have a current update. this could be because your application was submitted recently or the details you provided are incorrect....

Did u submit passport after successful appeal?
I submitted mine on the 26th February and am still waiting when i emailed them they said vac will contact u please be patient.

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:08 am

2011maryam wrote:

I submitted mine on the 26th February and am still waiting when i emailed them they said vac will contact u please be patient.
Yes it was after successful appeal.

when did you email? I emailed yesterday and got that weird message.

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:30 am

waseemiqbal wrote:
Beena wrote:
prince212 wrote:My brother in law in Pakistan has had his spouse visa refused and we have submitted an appeal, I was just wanting to know how long will it take for a court hearing date? His wife is in the UK and he has a child with her, but they do not believe it is a genuine relationship.

The refusal was under rule EC-P.1.1(d)
Married four years so they wanted more contact to be shown, wanted more evidence, they have itemised phone calls and speak every day for 30 mins to 1 hour, photos etc, but I think they wanted more evidence from previous years.
They have a child together and she has been back to Pakistan twice to visit her husband during the last 4 years.
Also when my brother in laws wife was not working when his uncle who had previously sponsored him to the UK as a visitor ( been twice to the UK and returned to Pakistan)sponsored him again, it was refused and they said his wife should have sponsored him. She was not working at that point in time and had a small child. In the visitor application it did mention he will be going to see his wife and child, but they ignored this.
The visitor application was refused, due to tax office in Pakistan not confirming tax paid, and they said this was fraud.
This was also mentioned in the refusal, however as I understand that previous visitor applications do not have anything to do with spouse visa applications.

Visa application submitted in Pakistan - April 2015
Visa Refused - September 2015
Visa Appealed via a solicitor - 5/10.2015
Notice of Pending appeal received (with date of 22/02/2016 after which the tribunal will write to us)- 9/11/2015

Should I contact my MP? Thanks for your help guys
You're right, they have no real reason to have refused.. When your hearing date comes along just make sure you have more proof of contact and with regards to the visitor app fraud, that really has nothing to do with the settlement case! You can even just say that has nothing to do with her as it was the uncle sponsoring. You guys should be fine inshaAllah.. Mp can't really do much tbh, it's a waste of time getting them involved as they have no influence over immigration matters.. You could ask them to ask for an update, if it means much. Unfortunately you have a long wait.. For deadlines of February, I reckon our hearing dates will be in Dec/Jan 2017.
i want to know Beena that your review was not successful? how you know it? did that send you mail? or any letter?
as my deadline is 11 may
I emailed them, sheffield.islamabadappeals@fco.gov.uk
Thats the email, if it's being reviewed they will let you know.. They reviewed mine and told me it was unsuccessful so now I'm waiting for a court date
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 pm

sam123456 wrote:
2011maryam wrote:

Yes it was after successful appeal.

when did you email? I emailed yesterday and got that weird message.
I emailed last week and also this morning got this reply

I have forwarded your email onto Islamabad who are dealing with your visa and asked them to contact you giving you a timescale. I am sorry I can't give you one myself as it is being dealt with now in Islamabad.

Regards

Sheffield Appeals Team

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:49 pm

@2011maryam which email did you use.

I used this email form : https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:03 pm

sam123456 wrote:@2011maryam which email did you use.

I used the above one and also emailed

Sheffield.IslamabadAppeals@fco.gov.uk

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 pm

this is utter bullshit even with the help of my MP still nothing!!! :cry: :evil:

he got a reply back from the Executive officer at the HM courts & tribunals service :

sorry for taking so slong blah blah cant give exact date blah blah high demand on tribunal service blah blah appeals can take upto 12 months some cases longer.
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:23 am

2011maryam wrote:
sam123456 wrote:@2011maryam which email did you use.

I used the above one and also emailed

Sheffield.IslamabadAppeals@fco.gov.uk
Thanks, does it matter if I live in London and not Sheffield?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 pm

asif_sharif wrote:this is utter bullshit even with the help of my MP still nothing!!! :cry: :evil:

he got a reply back from the Executive officer at the HM courts & tribunals service :

sorry for taking so slong blah blah can't give exact date blah blah high demand on tribunal service blah blah appeals can take upto 12 months some cases longer.
But you knew this before you even appealed, that cases can take up to a year plus.

My suggestion to you and stillwaiting123 was to reapply. By now both spouses would have probably been granted visa and settling in the UK. But obviously if one can afford paying the application fees again. If not, then appealing is the best, but slow process.

stillwaiting123 is still waiting, but she's decided to reapply.

You should join the Facebook group, if you haven't, it's good and active.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

ranihani

Post by ranihani » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Eltham is the name of Facebook group
How do I find it
Applied 31/22/2015
Refused 20/01/2016
Reason for refusal no payslips and no bank statement
Showing payment
Appealed 1/2/2016 online
11/5/16 got letter saying withdraw of decision
What next now

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 pm

ranihani wrote:Eltham is the name of Facebook group
How do I find it
Search: "immigrationboard" on Facebook. It'll come up.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.