ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 or AN Form for child born abroad, father is BC ?.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhamk2000

MN1 or AN Form for child born abroad, father is BC ?.

Post by mhamk2000 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi, I need advise for my son, he is 7 years old and born abroad in 2009.He is living with us in England on dependant visa. Recently i got British Citizenship. How i can apply for his naturalisation ?. How he can become British citizen, what is route ?.which form do i need to fill and under which rules ?. Many thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 or AN Form for child born abroad, father is BC ?.

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:31 am

Once the child has ILR, you can apply for discretionary registration on form MN1 under section 3(1).

secret.simon

Re: MN1 or AN Form for child born abroad, father is BC ?.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:38 pm

The status of children born abroad is in line with that of the less-privileged parent.

The child is expected to have ILR (typically acquired at the same time as the less privileged parent) before applying for citizenship using Form MN1. The expectation is that either both parents are British citizens or one is a British citizen and the other one is on ILR and applying for citizenship at the same time.

Also see the points listed on Pages 13-14 of Guide MN1 for other things that the Home Office looks for when granting registration under Section 3(1).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.