ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When should I start searching for job ?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2008
Newly Registered

When should I start searching for job ?

Post by hsmp2008 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Hello Everybody:

Yesterday I couriered my HSMP application for initial approval. My case is pretty straight-forward so I hope to get the approval in a month's time.

However, I'm not clear how job-market works in UK. Following are the queries:

When should I start searching for job ? NOW (I dont have the approval yet) ? Once I get the approval but before EC ? or after EC ?

I've decided to not land in UK without a job offer. I'm a risk-taker to some extent but the very idea of staying jobless in an expensive economy like that of UK with a family is unnerving. I can easily accumulate a bank balance to 3000 GBP before EC. However, I would like to get a job while I am in India.

Considering my low risk-appetite, I understand its better to start job-hunting as early as possible. Can I search for jobs NOW and mention in the cover letter that I've already applied for HSMP and waiting for the approval ?

How many months I have to search for job ? Assuming I get the approval on January 15th, 2008; I will have 6 months to apply for EC (till July 15th) and after that I will have 3 more months to enter UK (till October 15th).
So, that leaves only 9 months for me to search UK jobs while in India ? What if I get a UK job in December 2008 ? Can I enter UK after that ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
HSMP2008

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi,

Wait till you get HSMP approval..Then its upto you whEN u want to enter in UK..even after getting EC there is no rule that u HAVE to enter in 3months..u can even come at the end of 2 years(or til your EC lasts)..
So u need to decide WHEN u want to enter the country??

About getting a job, in UK employer wants to see u personally, so u have to be in UK for a job..u can apply from India and arrange for interviews and when u have 4-5 Interviews lined up,u can come ...Search this forum for UK SIM Card/Skype,so u can receive calls from UK sitting in India with a UK no(so agents think that u r in UK)

Ashish

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:12 am

Hi,

I have a query here, do our 2 year time line starts after HSMP approval ?

Or it starts with EC approval ?

thanks,
chetan.

hsmp2008
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp2008 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Well, I *think* when you go for EC , you will be given starting date for the visa.
So, if you are going for EC, say, on 15th August, and you got starting date as 20th August then 2 year clock starts ticking from 20th August.

In some other thread, I read that, when you go for EC, you can request your preferred starting date. For example, if for some personal reason you cannot travel before october, you can say so when you go for EC in August.

I request anyone who has been through EC to clarify this.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:04 pm

No double posting