ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa rejected for missing original bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Spouse visa rejected for missing original bank statement

Post by coorgi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi there,

I have British passport and applied for my wife to join me from India. There is none to blame but ourselves for the rejection as I submitted HSBC online printed statement instead of the original, I think I read the online statement could be submitted but missed the attestation or letter from bank bit. To makes things even worse, ECO sent an email to my wife's email to provide original statement in order to proceed with the application which went into her other folder and never noticed. Since the original wasn't submitted with in the deadline visa was refused under financial requirement for this reason. There are no other reason specified for rejected but for the missing original bank statement and also the letter states that I am entitled for appeal.

So my question here is, is it enough if I just appeal with the missing documents or should I send them over everything again? How long does it take for the appeal to be processed and any complications associated with it in a straight forward case like this?

Application was made from Chennai on 1st of march and received refusal on 8th April.

Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa rejected for missing original bank statement

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:59 pm

If the error was yours, it will be quicker to reapply and submit the original statements.

An appeal can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks but I thought she might end up having a negative track record and would have to justify every visa that she would apply going forward and in such a straight forward case appeal would work at ECM review stage as well will not have a hole in my purse. Please correct me if my assessment is wrong. Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm

The ECM won't review your case as the refusal was correct due to your error. This won't affect future applications and each one will be judged on it's own merit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Casa wrote:The ECM won't review your case as the refusal was correct due to your error. This won't affect future applications and each one will be judged on it's own merit.
Many thanks for your reply, is my case not similar to this? however one difference is that evidence flixibility wasn't applied for them - http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 85835.html

Will this not affect her when she applied for other countries after I re-apply and if she gets the visa? i.e, have you ever been refused visa by any country like questions? I agree prevention is better than cure but making sure of all my options here before I make another error.