ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent attention for WP and HSMP holders (Family Visa)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owais5
Newly Registered

Urgent attention for WP and HSMP holders (Family Visa)

Post by owais5 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:17 pm

Dear fellow members,

As you might be aware of the propsed consultation within BIA with our new immigration minister Liam Bryne bring in sweeping changes apparently which has truly shaken and woken up the migrant community in particular.

I was extremely disappointed to note that the current especially family member visa would be effected. I strongly feel this is a violation of human rights as the home office is acting as direct interference to maintain long term family ties. There are procedures already in place one family members have to show their tickets, 2 they have to satisfy the genuity to the entry clearance officer, and if they have already been safe visitors before why should they be penalised.
As a migrant community i wish to make everyone aware as most of you would be aware already that UK gov proposes to reduce family visa from 6 to 3 months. I feel as migrant community we should strongly oppose the present consulation process of which Liam Bryne is heading. I feel as this is our oppurtunity each one of use should read the consultation paper ion detail and send an appropriate response:

The point i am trying to make is that i am currently researching on how to respond the current consulation as we all should give a strong reply to the ministers involved for the proposed changes are just unacceptable.Liam Bryne our immigration minister is already impressed with the immigration system of australia and canada. Well my friend Austrialian system and canadian systems supports sponsory family members (i.e Parents) for longer stays. I can send you the links for this if asked. Family uniifcation and ties are important for a successful immigration policy. Uk immigration system does not have any such policy where a UK citizen, HSMP holder, ILR holder can sponsor his or her parents to stay in UK ? why?
I have alot of points to disucss but at the momemnt i feel that we all should come together as a migrant community and oppose this. Everyone of us has the responsibity and send in their responses:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... tionpaper/

This way atleast we can be sure that our voice are heard , as i feel we really should create and sign a strong petition to sign this and sent it to the home office. I would be interested to see what suggestion might be on offer and how this problem can be dealt legally. You guys can email me directly if you want to share your views at my email as well owais_razzak@hotmail.com I will be checking the posts regurlarly as well.