ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employment income timing confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sana Haq
BANNED

Self Employment income timing confusion

Post by Sana Haq » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello seniors

Please help with my query below

My husband started self-employment in July 2015. Up until 5th April 2016, his self-employment had been 30,000 after all expenses. He is still in self-employment.

is the income ok for the flrm application if we send one at the end of this month? I am confused in the guidance where it says “last full financial year”

my husband only started self-employment in July 2015 and at the time of application next he will have worked 10 months as self-employed (July 2015 –April 2016)

please advise

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Self Employment income timing confusion

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:43 pm

It dont matter if you work 4 months or 6 month in financial calendar as long as you can provide the evidence of required amount earned and amount of tax paid for the last full financial year . You probably need print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year. Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed which is UTR letter recieved from them and bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Sana read about self employment here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

Sana Haq
BANNED

Post by Sana Haq » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 am

thanks very much for your help