ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Naric -Outside UK Masters Degree

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohsinkhan78
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Naric -Outside UK Masters Degree

Post by mohsinkhan78 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:37 am

My wife is on a spouse visa.She going apply her visa extension under FLR(M).

She has done Masters in Botany from Pakistan. She got a UK NARIC Comparability statement which says that her degree is equivalent to UK bachelor degree. Also She got a UK NARIC English Language Assessment statement which is equivalent to CEFR level B1. But I read somewhere that Home office doesn't accept UK NARIC Comparability statement with outside UK master or PhD degree.

Is it right?

Points Based System English language guidance.
The applicant must also have an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is considered by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC):

1- To meet the recognised standard of a bachelors degree (not a masters degree or a
PhD) in the UK, and UK NARIC has confirmed the degree was taught or researched in English to level C1 or above of the Council of Europe’s common European framework for language learning. Or

2- To meet, or exceed the recognised standard of a bachelors or masters degree or a
PhD in the UK and is from an educational establishment in one of the countries listed
below:

Antigua and Barbuda Jamaica
Australia
New Zealand
Bahamas
St Kitts and Nevis
Barbados
St Lucia
Belize St
Vincent and the Grenadines
Dominica
Trinidad and Tobago
Grenada
United Kingdom
Guyana
United States of America
Republic of Ireland
To show the applicant has gained the qualification they must provide either the:

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Naric -Outside UK Masters Degree

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:56 am

My wife did her MBA from Pakistan and also was assessed as B1 from NARIC. I submitted the letter to Sheffield and was successful in getting her spouse visa.

mohsinkhan78
Newly Registered

Post by mohsinkhan78 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm

thanks for your reply rathernicelydone.

could you please list the supportive documents that you have attached with your wife's application regarding English language requirement?

Many Thanks

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Pretty straight forward - applied online and submitted both the degree certificate and the transcript (so grades achieved for each module) as a photo/scan. I got my letter confirmation a couple of weeks later.

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:31 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:My wife did her MBA from Pakistan and also was assessed as B1 from NARIC. I submitted the letter to Sheffield and was successful in getting her spouse visa.

I want some information.... I have done MBA finance from MAJU Islamabad Pakistan with Gold medal and CGPA 3.86. Can you please tell me how can I Naric certificate for English requirements.
Already I have taken ilets life skill and city and guilds exam to meet requirement.

Could please give me details of whole process to get Naric certificate for future...

I think... its beneficial for future visa process as it will not expired.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:58 pm

See also this post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!