ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent enquiry: HSMP and WP at the same time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sissi
Newly Registered

Urgent enquiry: HSMP and WP at the same time

Post by sissi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:37 pm

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible to file 2 applications to the Home Office at the same time?

I have sent an HSMP and FLR(HSMP) applications recently, and my potential employer wants to send an application for Work Permit also just in case the HSMP is refused.

How will that affect the HSMP and FLR(HSMP) applications already being considered?

-----------------------

Also, am I allowed to start working with my new employer if I have both HSMP and FLR(HSMP) being considered at the moment?

Thanks a lot

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:03 pm

You cannot start work in the UK on the basis of a filed application unless you have are already allowed work in another category (like, e.g., a WP, Dependant Visa, etc.) AND also have Leave to Remain (LTR) in the UK.

The WP is applied for by your potential employer on the justification that your skills are required and should not interfere with your HSMP application. In all probability, you may not even be aware that your employer is applying for your WP or its extension. I believe you can apply for both. Others with experience may like to comment.

Either way, you can only start work after your FLR (HSMP) or your FLR (IED) has been approved and LTR has been granted.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:21 pm

If you get the WP FLR stamped after your HSMP FLR, then the HSMP FLR gets invalidated.

sissi
Newly Registered

HSMP and WP at the same time

Post by sissi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Thank you for these replies

I undesratnd that you cannot have 2 FLRs one for HSMP and one for WP, in this case, the second one you apply for would canel out the first one you had.

But before FLRs, I think you can be issued with both HSMP and WP approvals. I don't think the 2 applications affect each other or clash. After that you have to make a decision as to which one you want to use for FLR;

Is this right?

anan_78
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP and WP at the same time

Post by anan_78 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:07 pm

sissi wrote:Thank you for these replies

I undesratnd that you cannot have 2 FLRs one for HSMP and one for WP, in this case, the second one you apply for would canel out the first one you had.

But before FLRs, I think you can be issued with both HSMP and WP approvals. I don't think the 2 applications affect each other or clash. After that you have to make a decision as to which one you want to use for FLR;

Is this right?
Hello All,

I have a basic question. I have UK Work permit approval and also VISA - valid for a year. This was filed by my current employer.

Now I am planning to apply HSMP by myself. Now I want to know following:
a) Is this okay to apply for HSMP (I suppose it is, based on one of response in the forum).
b) If I get HSMP approval, and if I want to apply for FLR, then what will be the process, I mean will it affect the WP visa that is already there?

Please comment on both the above points and guide me on this. I would appreciate any response on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

anan_78
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP and WP at the same time

Post by anan_78 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:43 pm

anan_78 wrote:
sissi wrote:Thank you for these replies

Is this right?
Hello All,

I have a basic question. I have UK Work permit approval and also VISA - valid for a year. This was filed by my current employer.

Now I am planning to apply HSMP by myself. Now I want to know following:
a) Is this okay to apply for HSMP (I suppose it is, based on one of response in the forum).
b) If I get HSMP approval, and if I want to apply for FLR, then what will be the process, I mean will it affect the WP visa that is already there?

Please comment on both the above points and guide me on this. I would appreciate any response on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.
A correction, I meant when I apply for "entry clearance" after HSMP approval (not FLR as I am in India, I went to UK on WP visa for few months but came back). Now I want to go for hsmp as I would like to look out for different job.

Thanks.

Thanks.