ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) English Language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

FLR(M) English Language requirement

Post by HelpThisPerson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 am

Sorry if this is a repeat but I could not find answer to this question on the forum anywhere so posting a new topic.

First my situation:
I got an ILR few months back after completing 5 years on Tier 1 General Migrant. I got married end of 2014 and my wife entered UK as a Tier 1 General Dependant. Her visa runs out in a months time and she is switching to FLRM as I understand she has to (and cannot just extend her T1 Gen Dependant).

Now the Question:
When she had applied as T1G dependant she had given the Pearson english language test. I have seen that if you apply after 6 Nov 2016 you have to show english language requirement as per new guidelines. But looking at form FLRM page 42, it says the follows

If you are relying on an English language test which was accepted with your previous partner or parent application, provide details below of the test taken: Awarding body
  • Cambridge English
  • City & Guilds
  • Pearson
  • Trinity College London

does this mean she can still use her Pearson result and not need to go for the new english language test?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) English Language requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 am

Her visa runs out in a months time and she is switching to FLRM as I understand she has to (and cannot just extend her T1 Gen Dependant).
You understanding is not accurate. Who told you she has to switch? If you applied for ILR based on Tier 1 G and 5 years residence, she does not have to switch to FLR(M).

She can continue to extend her PBS dependent visa until she qualifies for ILR.

Switching to FLR(M) will reset her ILR clock to zero and she will have to do a new 5 years on FLR(M) - 2 x 2.5 year visas. She will lose the time she has already spent in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) English Language requirement

Post by HelpThisPerson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:44 pm

CR001, thanks for that clarification!!

> her first dependant visa was valid for 1.5 year because it was synchronized with the expiry date of my tier 1 general. How long will her new T1G dependant visa be for?
> I just checked the T1G dependent form- it does not seem to require English language test at all!