ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SUMEETJ

Citizenship queries

Post by SUMEETJ » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi,

I needed a bit of urgent help as I have my naturalization application (through NCS) in a couple of days time i.e 14th April 2016.

Please note that I had met the English Language requirement as a part of my ILR application on 14th October 2014 (i.e after 28th October 2013). At the point of application, I had submitted my overseas MBA Degree.

Am I correct to say that I am exempt from proving the English Language Requirement, as per the guidance notes and requirement booklet for naturalization available on the Home Office Website.

Or is it that, as per the recent change, I also need to submit a UK NARIC Letter (Visa and Nationality) as a part of the application?

I do have a copy of UK NARIC Statement of Comparability - will it help?

Appreciate your prompt help here.

Regards,
Sumeet

leavetoremain

Re: English Language Requirement (Apr 2016) Impact

Post by leavetoremain » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:33 pm

Yes, you should be fine but from 6 April 2016 the points calculator cannot be used to provide information in support of migrant applications for leave to enter or remain in the UK.

So I think it is better to obtain certificate from UK NARIC just to be on the safe side.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:53 pm

I hope you should be ok to select below. But better to wait for experts to comment on this.

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

If the above was not sufficient, then you need "English Language Assessment" as well. Better to check with NCS by calling them. Please share your experience with us, It will be helpful lot of other people.

Cheers,
Suresh

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Both wife and I presented just print outs of the PBS page and we had obtained ILR in Feb 2015. Our BC applications were approved recently.

OP should be fine if the degree was taught in English but would be better to get certificate from UK NARIC.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Application to naturalise as a British Citizen is not an "immigration application" and is not subject to "immigration rules".

As on date, neither the nationality guidelines nor Guide AN have been changed to suggest that "points-based calculator" cannot be used for "nationality applications".
And, points-based calculator is still available on the gov. website.

Read FAQs - English language requirements for naturalisation
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Thanks for your response geriatrix. This is indeed very helpful.

Thanks everyone.

SUMEETJ

P60 amendment after submission

Post by SUMEETJ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:17 am

Hi,

I submitted my naturalization application on 11th April 2016.

As a part of the application, the NCS officer asked if I had a copy of the latest P60 (for the FY ending recently 5th April 2016).

As I had received one from my employer very recently (on my request to the employer), I submitted the same as a part of the application.

However, later (today 16th April 2016) my employer noted that it needs a minor amendment as my P60 didn't incorporate the amounts from my previous employment (P45 from previous employer). I had quit my previous employment very close to the last financial year on 10th April 2015 (2014-15) as there was a very small amount of income that was needed to be added.

It neither changes my tax incidence nor there is any unpaid tax even after the amendment.

Can you please guide me as to what would be the best way to inform home office about it given that this amendment happened after submission.

Appreciate your kind guidance.

Regards,
Sumeet

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 pm

geriatrix wrote:Application to naturalise as a British Citizen is not an "immigration application" and is not subject to "immigration rules".

As on date, neither the nationality guidelines nor Guide AN have been changed to suggest that "points-based calculator" cannot be used for "nationality applications".
And, points-based calculator is still available on the gov. website.

Read FAQs - English language requirements for naturalisation
The point based calculator is now no longer available. Not sure what this means for naturalisation applicants who were planning on using the Point Based Calculator.
Cheers,
OR