ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long wife can live outside UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmeer75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How long wife can live outside UK?

Post by shahmeer75 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi All,

My wife is on a settlement visa and her visa is still valid for two years before renewal.

1)How long can she live outside UK?

She has been to few countries but i was travelling with her.

2) Does that period count towards any limit?

any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long wife can live outside UK?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

There is no absence limit but any absences should be limited and for good reason. Living in home country and only visiting the UK is not the purpose of the visa.

For ILR, she will have to declare all absences of 6 months or more and she will also have to provide proof of cohabitation with you in the UK and subsisting marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: How long wife can live outside UK?

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Absences from UK during probationary period
There is no specific requirement in the Rules that the entire probationary period must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has spent a limited period outside of the United Kingdom in connection with his employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the
majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against the requirements of the Rules.