ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Dependent and then ICT again

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debasis_btech
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Dependent and then ICT again

Post by debasis_btech » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,
I am having a tier 2 ICT visa now. so as my wife but with a longer validity.
Can I switch to her dependent and work for a year and after that get my ICT back?
to do so: do I need to serve any cooling period before applying a frech ICT? DO I need to go back to the home country to apply?

Thanks in advance for your help.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Dependent and then ICT again

Post by poper » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:23 pm

debasis_btech wrote:Hi,
I am having a tier 2 ICT visa now. so as my wife but with a longer validity.
Can I switch to her dependent and work for a year and after that get my ICT back?
to do so: do I need to serve any cooling period before applying a frech ICT? DO I need to go back to the home country to apply?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I dont think you can.
ICT is for candidates who need to be transferred to the UK from their country of residence to work for the same company. In addition, they need to have worked for this company for at least 12 months.

Experts might have a different view
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

debasis_btech
Newly Registered

Post by debasis_btech » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:25 pm

I will be working with same company in the UK all the time.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:34 pm

The issue is not the cooling off period as the rules say you just need to have a 12 month break under any other immigration route or as envisaged by the guidance a 12 month period in any other place bar the UK.
Your other issue, can you return to ICT. The guidance is silent on how it constitutes the 12 month qualifying period, it assumes that the 12 months is acrued in one period prior to applying for ICT visa. It does not state where it is acrued or how it is acrued. So technically could you still work for current employer under your dependent visa via your wife, return to your home country and apply as ICT again. I have never seen it tried and I think there is a vast risk in attempting it.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Not that I am saying it is impossible but how would you satisfy the salary requirements (12 months payslips). Are you still employed with the company in your home country whilst being in the UK and do you still get paid by them. I guess when you go back to reapply this is something you would need to prove. Wouldn't it make more sense to shift to Tier 2 General once you have spent a year on the dependent visa.

debasis_btech
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant to main ICT applicant

Post by debasis_btech » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi,
I am a pbs dependent of my wife. Who has a tier 2 ict visa. Now that I have completed my 1 year cool off period, Can I apply for my own tier 2 ict visa while staying in the UK???
Or do I need to go back to my home country and apply again?
Will they consider my pbs dependent period in UK as a cool off period. Please advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: PBS Dependant to main ICT applicant

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

debasis_btech wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pm
I am a pbs dependent of my wife. Who has a tier 2 ict visa. Now that I have completed my 1 year cool off period, Can I apply for my own tier 2 ict visa while staying in the UK???
Or do I need to go back to my home country and apply again?
Need to go back to home country as 245GD(b) fails.
debasis_btech wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pm
Will they consider my pbs dependent period in UK as a cool off period.
Probably.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.