ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension- what is the best options?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jedinsami
Newly Registered

Visa Extension- what is the best options?

Post by jedinsami » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:38 am

Hi

Can anyone help me with our situation please.

My husband got DL under article 8 for 30 months when i got my ILR under 10 years rule. His leave will expires on 28 may 2016. He work FT and i am a housewife.

So our questions are:
1. Can he apply for extension under DL? If yes, is it to use form FLR(O) and under section 3, which categories is he belongs to? What documents needed?

2. Can he apply to be my dependent and which form to use? But will this be a problem as i am not working (I plan to go back work next summer).

3. Is it true that, my husband can only apply for his ILR under DL route, only if he completed 6 years visa under DL? He has been in UK since 1st Dec 2007- Jan 2014 under dependent visa and Jan 2014- May 2014 under DL.

4. So what is the best option for him for visa extension? Is there any other options?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

jedinsami
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Extension- what is the best options?

Post by jedinsami » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:06 am

Can anyone give us some ideas with the above please?
Many thanks.

jedinsami
Newly Registered

Is he qualify for ILR?

Post by jedinsami » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi,

I came to UK legally on Dec 2007 under dependent visa. And on end of Jan 2014 i got limited leave to remain for 30 months when my wife got her ILR at the same time. My visa will expires in end of may 2016.

So my question is- Am i qualify to apply for ILR?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is he qualify for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Did your wife apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jedinsami
Newly Registered

Is he qualify for ILR?

Post by jedinsami » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 am

Hi CR001,

Yes, my wife got her ILR under 10years long residence.