ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

EEA national permanent residence

Post by sunny13sunny » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:01 am

Hi,
so thanks to all "helpers" i am now super confused about my application. So i would like to ask for advice:
my husband and I came to UK in 2009. We are from A8 country. So we made Worker registration scheme registration card issued to us in 2010. I would like to apply for naturalization, but I need to make Permanent resident documents first. So I understand that I need to fill in EEA (PR) application. My husband can be my Sponsor as a qualified person as I didn't work since we had kids in 2012. But what about His residence card?
And what about EEA QP and EEA FM applications? - they do not give you residence cards?
I know for some people it could be a silly questions and i am sure maybe in a while it will be silly for me too but at the moment it stressful and all the solicitors wanna be friends are not a help. and real solicitors are a bit out of out price range. Thank you anyone who can help and for your time.

noajthan

Re: EEA national permanent residence

Post by noajthan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:23 pm

sunny13sunny wrote:Hi,
so thanks to all "helpers" i am now super confused about my application. So i would like to ask for advice:
my husband and I came to UK in 2009. We are from A8 country. So we made Worker registration scheme registration card issued to us in 2010. I would like to apply for naturalization, but I need to make Permanent resident documents first. So I understand that I need to fill in EEA (PR) application. My husband can be my Sponsor as a qualified person as I didn't work since we had kids in 2012. But what about His residence card?
And what about EEA QP and EEA FM applications? - they do not give you residence cards?
I know for some people it could be a silly questions and i am sure maybe in a while it will be silly for me too but at the moment it stressful and all the solicitors wanna be friends are not a help. and real solicitors are a bit out of out price range. Thank you anyone who can help and for your time.
For direct family members, RCs (which are certificates for EEA nationals) are optional (although useful);
there is no impediment to your spouse/sponsor applying for confirmation of PR even if you or he did not possess RCs (if that is your question).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

Post by sunny13sunny » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Thank you. So for now i am sending away PR application for me and hopefully his will follow after.
For direct family members, RCs (which are certificates for EEA nationals) are optional (although useful);
there is no impediment to your spouse/sponsor applying for confirmation of PR even if you or he did not possess RCs (if that is your question).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 pm

sunny13sunny wrote:Thank you. So for now i am sending away PR application for me and hopefully his will follow after.
If you think your husband (sponsor) acquired PR perhaps during 2010 - 2015 it's not clear why you don't simply apply together on same application?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.