ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New to ILR 10 Years Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

New to ILR 10 Years Route

Post by JS28 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for ILR through the 10 years route after 26th of July. I was wondering if you could pls give me a heads up:

1.) Has anyone got a list of the documents that they submitted?
2.) My wife is pregnant so we were thinking of going for the premium application so that (if ILR approved) the baby can automatically apply for a British passport after October 2016. Would you recommend this?
3.) Can I prepare for the Life in the UK test in 2 weeks?
4.) Are there anything else that I need to start gathering? Other evidence that could make our case stronger?

Many thanks for your response

JS28
Member of Standing

Continuous Residence help

Post by JS28 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:02 pm

HI,

I have been reading this forum and not sure if I have broken my lawful residence.

My student visa expired in October 2010 so I left the UK the day before my visa expired. I couldn't apply for PSW at that time as I was awaiting for my University Degree Certificate, which didn't come before December 2010.

Since I had already finished my degree I thought to stay a month longer with my family so I applied for PSW in February 2011 and left home country in March 2011.

Have I broken my lawful residence because I didn't apply within 28 days of visa expiry? I left UK with a valid visa (student visa) and returned with PSW.

Please advise as I am due to apply for ILR in JUly 2016
Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Re: New to ILR 10 Years Route

Post by JS28 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi

Anyone please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Continuous Residence help

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 pm

1. Read the SET(LR) form and guidance notes. It tells you what documentary evidences you need to submit along with the application.
2. If your application is straightforward and SET(LR) are accepted at PEO, then yes, to avoid the lengthy processing time-frame of a postal application.
3. No one knows how intelligent you are. Some people need only a couple of hours of self-study and some people can't do it even after years of preparation! Get preparing and judge for yourself after you have tried some mock tests.
4. Read 1.
JS28 wrote:My student visa expired in October 2010 so I left the UK the day before my visa expired.
I applied for PSW in February 2011and left home country in March 2011
Have I broken my lawful residence because I didn't apply within 28 days of visa expiry?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!