ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 (G) to ILR === English ====

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukuserilr
Newly Registered

T1 (G) to ILR === English ====

Post by ukuserilr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

As per the new rule effective from 06th April 2016, do I need to go for English Language Assessment (ELA) through UK NARIC even if I have proved my English Language eligibility in T1 (G) initial and extension applications (over 5 - 6 years)? I had proved the same using PBS calculator.

I request you to kindly confirm me the same.

Thanks,

ukuserilr
Newly Registered

Re: T1 (G) to ILR === English ====

Post by ukuserilr » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:46 am

Gurus,

I may look bit pushy here but any views please on the query posted earlier?

Thanks,

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:32 am

already discussed and in fact hotly debated in thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 05044.html
I am in same situation like you who have already proved ELA in previous Tier-1(G) entry & extension, so this change really confused me and in fact feel very angry.
when is your ILR?
you can try call UKVI at 0300 123 2241 (chargeable) and ask about it (though senior members and moderators here won't encourage you to go by response)
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 am

ukuserilr wrote:Hello Everyone,

As per the new rule effective from 06th April 2016, do I need to go for English Language Assessment (ELA) through UK NARIC even if I have proved my English Language eligibility in T1 (G) initial and extension applications (over 5 - 6 years)? I had proved the same using PBS calculator.

I request you to kindly confirm me the same.

Thanks,
Dear ukuserilr, you definitely need go through a Naric assessment even if you have proved the English language before.

The confusion is around which service of Naric to use as some of us already have a English language assessment done from Naric and we are not sure if that is still valid.

The reason is that Naric has now introduced a visa and nationality service and the report they produce appears to be different than ELA report.

In your case I do not think there shd be any confusion - As you need to apply for a fresh one, suggest you apply the visa and nationality service, that will kill all confusion, IMHO

Cheers,
Jacob

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!