ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/PR for spouse holding Tier-2 General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mabbath
India

ILR/PR for spouse holding Tier-2 General visa

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi,

My spouse currently holds a Tier-2 General visa since the last 2 years and I hold a PBS dependent visa. She would most probably get an extension in 2017 and then both of us were planning to apply for ILR/PR in 2019.

I have a new employment opportunity in which my employer will process my Tier-2 General visa as well. I may have it in the next couple of months. With me having the Tier-2 General visa instead of the PBS-Dependent visa, can I still apply for a ILR/PR along with my wife in 2019? OR will I have to go through 5 years on my Tier-2 General visa before I could apply for a PR? OR are there any other alternate procedures which I could consider.

It would be great if anyone could respond at the earliest.

Thank you very much!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR/PR for spouse holding Tier-2 General visa

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:35 pm

mabbath wrote:With me having the Tier-2 General visa instead of the PBS-Dependent visa, can I still apply for a ILR/PR along with my wife in 2019?
No.
mabbath wrote: will I have to go through 5 years on my Tier-2 General visa before I could apply for a PR?
Yes.
mabbath wrote:are there any other alternate procedures which I could consider.
Remain a PBS dependant if you wish to apply for ILR in 2019 along with your PBS migrant spouse.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mabbath
India

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Thank you very much for your response!
If I opt for going in for the Tier-2 general visa with my new employer, when my spouse obtains the PR, could I not get out of the Tier-2 General visa status and come back as her dependent/family member? If yes, do I have to go through another 5 years as her dependent for obtaining my PR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:10 pm

mabbath wrote:Thank you very much for your response!
If I opt for going in for the Tier-2 general visa with my new employer, when my spouse obtains the PR, could I not get out of the Tier-2 General visa status and come back as her dependent/family member? If yes, do I have to go through another 5 years as her dependent for obtaining my PR?
Yes you could do that and you can apply from within the UK to switch to spouse settlement visa, but it will again reset your clock zero and it will be another 5 year route (2 X 2.5 year visas) before you will qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mabbath
India

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Alright! Thanks again for your quick responses!

mabbath
India

ILR - 180 days criteria - Tier 2 General & Shengen work visa

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi,

I have a a new employment opportunity in which I would be having a Tier-2 General visa and most of my work would need to be carried out in other European countries outside UK with a Shengen Work Visa. This would lead me to be out of UK for more than 180 days in a year. Will this affect my ILR application in any way? If you could provide any details and things that I should be cautious about, it would be great.

Thanks for providing your response at the earliest!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Reading this post should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mabbath
India

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi Geriatrix,
That helps, Thank you very much!